Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Faye
Beginner April 2023 South Yorkshire

My post wedding thoughts which might give brides to be some wedding tips

Faye, 14 of May of 2023 at 21:27 Posted on Planning 1 4

Hello all

So my husband and I got married in April this year and I wanted to share some tips and thoughts for anyone planning theirs. Not sure how useful this will be but here we go…

Focus on yourselves - you can easily get wrapped up in pleasing people for the sake of their feelings but whether they like it or not it is about YOU TWO. Do what YOU want. It is one day in their lives but the most important of yours. Which leads me onto my next point

People will get sassy - let them. And same as above. Let them show their true colours as it’s them who will feel the fools.

Remove the drama - my hen do was terrible because of someone kicking off (typical). My regret was trying to people please as I always do and not asking all to leave as it ruined it for me.

Priorities your money - think about what you want vs what you need if you’re on a budget. No one will look back at a wedding and think “oh them chairs were lovely”

Also shop around. As soon as you put wedding, the cost will be x10 more. Be savy & crafty.

Don’t be afraid to say if something is not right with suppliers - you’ve spent so much money and paid for it, so tell them it’s not right or if you’re not happy. Most of us women haven’t been planning this since the engagement, we’ve been planning this since being little girls.

Do not stand for anyone calling your “bridezilla” - I think we should all take a stand to remove the word “bridezilla”. It’s another negative slur against women I believe when actually we have a lot to organise and think about!! It is a stressful time and it does feel overwhelming but that shouldn’t be a reason for people to attack you and make it out you’re being a monster for when you say no to your auntie using your hairdresser (as a example…)

Comfort is key - buy comfortable shoes and underwear. You’re in them allllll day!!!

Slow the day down - Take it all in. Take a breath. Things will go wrong but that is life. You will have the best day to the start of the rest of your lives 🤍

4 replies

Latest activity by Katie, 22 of May of 2023 at 16:21
  • Lea
    Rockstar July 2023 Kent
    Lea ·
    • Hide content

What a really nice post. It puts everything into perspective. I have to remind myself from time to time to slow down and enjoy everything including the planning. :-)

• R
    Beginner June 2024 Hampshire
    Rachael ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for this! I am in the process of planning my second marriage and there is so much that I won't bother with this time as I just didn't care about it on the day!

You are so right about guests though and people getting sassy! Why do people feel they have a right to be invited? Even this time these issues are cropping up and I am trying to be more pragmatic this time!

• Laura
    Dedicated July 2023 Cambridgeshire
    Laura ·
    • Hide content
    Thank you for taking the time to pass on your advice and the benefit of your experience. Will try to remember about slowing the day down and remembering what's important. Also sorry to hear about your hen!
  • Katie
    Savvy September 2024 Middlesex
    Katie ·
    • Hide content

Appreciate the advice here Smiley smile My hen do will be me and my MOH having a spa day.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics