Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Gemini_Bride
Beginner September 2014

My ring finger feels naked!!

Gemini_Bride, 4 of June of 2014 at 14:21 Posted on Planning 0 5

Arghghgh, I have just posted off my gorgeous engagement ring to Alba Rose for them to scan it and do their fancy CAD modelling for making a wedding ring that will be shaped with my engagement ring.

Paid for the extra compensation with royal mail but still will be so worried over the next 24 hours until I know they have it and then again when they send it back to me! At least it should be back by Friday.

Keep looking at my left hand realising how empty it now looks!

Sorry for the slightly pointless post, but it is so nerve racking handing over you gorgeous ring through our postal system!

5 replies

Latest activity by Pink1986, 4 of June of 2014 at 18:48
  • kimiu
    Beginner June 2015
    kimiu ·
    • Hide content

I know what you mean! I've still got to give mine in for re-sizing but I don't want to take it off!!

• LittleSnowflake
    Beginner January 2016
    LittleSnowflake ·
    • Hide content

Know how you feel mine still needs hallmarking after they lost it due to resizing.

• cymruangel
    Beginner December 2014
    cymruangel ·
    • Hide content

I'm dreading this - I gave mine in to be resized last year, and this year I'm going to be parted with it for a week or so so that the clever man can make me a wedding ring to match. I will probably have to wear one of my other rings (looks a bit engagement ring esque) on that finger to stop me panicking every time I notice there's nothing there! (I do that a bit already when I take it off to swim!)

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    Shely ·
    • Hide content

Mine is going to be dipped and made sparkly tomorrow, they have said upto 2 weeks!! Going to be very strange without it!!

I understand your nerves but it will be back with you before you know it:-)

• DrBuffles
    Beginner August 2014
    DrBuffles ·
    • Hide content

I can sympathise completely. I had to have my resized from an M to a K two days after I got it and they rushed it through for me because I really, really didn't want to hand it over! It was way too big though and was winter so I was constantly stopping it from dropping off my cold hands!

I'm dreading handing mine over to be polished before the wedding - a good idea to wear something else on that finger though.

• P
    Beginner September 2015
    Pink1986 ·
    • Hide content

I've been without mine for over a week now as they resize it. Every time I see a pic I it I want to cry Smiley sad

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics