Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner March 2016

My seating plan inspiration- DIY advice please!

MrsLloyd2b, 13 of June of 2015 at 09:51 Posted on Planning 0 2

I'm going to start collecting bits and pieces for my seating plan as I see them in charity shops and boot fairs etc but not quite sure how I will assemble it. Have a look at my inspiration pictures below.... should I hang the small picture frames using nails just like you would on a wall? I'm worried that if they are balanced they might fall off but if I glue them down then I can't make any last minute changes to the plan if guests drop out etc and then can't sell the frames after we're done. Any advice greatly appreciated!

2 replies

Latest activity by gingeremmie, 14 of June of 2015 at 21:22
  • Daniellax
    Beginner July 2017
    Daniellax ·
    • Hide content

Why don't you attach ribbon to the top of each frame and have them hanging down, so they can be easily removed as the ribbon could be hanging from a nail.. Or something a bit prettier?

• M
    Beginner March 2016
    MrsLloyd2b ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Daniella, yep I think ribbon would look good but I'm still worried that they would fall off? We've got a few little ones coming to the wedding so I am picturing them running into it! xx

• gingeremmie
    Beginner May 2016
    gingeremmie ·
    • Hide content

I don't know what they're called but you can get tacks which are curved and have points either end, so you could use them to secure the ribbons, you'd be able to claw them out with a claw hammer to get the frames off afterwards but it means they wouldn't fall off on any small children. Then you'd just need to make sure the main big frame is clamped securely.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics