Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

fluffymalone
Beginner May 2011

my shoes have arrived!! flash!

fluffymalone, 14 July, 2010 at 11:32 Posted on Planning 0 17

As some of you may already know i am trying to get things sorted quite early on to try and avoid panic nearer the time.

Saying that received my shoes yesterday!

They are quite plain in the picture and have thought about blingin them up a bit but they look fab on. Any ideas to make them a bit more exciting would be appreciated

17 replies

Latest activity by fluffymalone, 15 July, 2010 at 08:42
  • emmy1979
    Rockstar June 2023 West Yorkshire
    emmy1979 ·
    • Hide content

They're lovely! Very classic looking and a bit vintage. Maybe be you could add a lace or fabric flower but I wouldn't bling them up too much as you'll take away the classic look. I'd steer away from diamnte and go for fabric. They are nice enough on their own though if you ask me!

• fluffymalone
    Beginner May 2011
    fluffymalone ·
    • Hide content

Thanks emmy1979

I was slighty worried about diamonte as was going to get them dyed after the big day! but like the idea of the fabric flower.

• GemmaLouise1986
    Beginner
    GemmaLouise1986 ·
    • Hide content

I saw someone on here who had put diamontes on theirs and they looked really cute.

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

I agree - they have a nice "cut" design so they dont need massive detail - I am going to go for something quite simular to this and have brought the blue "I do" Rhinestones to stick on the bottom.

• fluffymalone
    Beginner May 2011
    fluffymalone ·
    • Hide content

Yes ive seen the 'I do' shoe sitckers, they are lovely but im having a civil ceremony so they wont be seen unless i keep shoving my shoes in peoples faces lol but still a thought he he?

• lamby
    Beginner August 2010
    lamby ·
    • Hide content

I love them! Just as they are but I guess it depends on what kind of look you're after. I really like quite classic stuff and I think they are stunning!

If you do want to change them though, I agree a flower or little diamontes would look nice but they are honestly fab as they are!

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

Gorgeous! id leave them plain coz then you can dye them afterwards....im toying with dyeing mine purple, lolol as i dont have a purple pair....

you can get floral attachements for shoes but i think they will just catch on the hem, of your frock...

• flutterbye
    Beginner
    flutterbye ·
    • Hide content

I like them, and I wouldn't bling them up too much (especially as you plan to dye them).

But if you wanted to add something, you can buy various types of shoe clip (google and you'll find some sites!) which you could add either to the heel or the toe Smiley smile

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content

I wouldnt want to do too much to those shoes to be honest. They are lovely as they are! You could maybe put a row of diamantes along the ribbon band if you wanted to, or a small bow in the colour of your BMs...but dont think i would do anything else!

• laura@smooch
    laura@smooch ·
    • Hide content

I wouldn't change them either personally, sometimes less is more, and those shoes are gorgeous as they are x

• Suzie&Karl
    Beginner January 2012
    Suzie&Karl ·
    • Hide content

I am not normally a shoe person.....but WOW they are gorgeous! Thats the tupe of thing i want but with not as big of a heel

x

• fluffymalone
    Beginner May 2011
    fluffymalone ·
    • Hide content

Thanks guys!

As i said they do look fab on and really compliment my dress, but might you add an accent flower/bow as kindly suggested, in purple to match bm's.

But i know what im like and will prob change my a thousand times before then ?

• millymolly83
    Beginner August 2010
    millymolly83 ·
    • Hide content

Ooo they are gorgeous!!

I would look like a man in drag if i wore too higher heels! ?

• The Little Jewellery Box
    The Little Jewellery Box ·
    • Hide content

They or lovely! I would probably leave them as they are but if you do want to bling them up a bit I'd maybe do what a previous hitcher has said and buy shoe clips for the front or heel.

• J
    Beginner August 2011
    jm2b ·
    • Hide content

Ooh, I like those. I think they're fine like they are, much easier for you to then dye another colour after if you keep them as they are. I'm jealous, shoes are my thing and I'm not going to be able to have big heels for the wedding as h2b doesn't want to look too short!

• fluffymalone
    Beginner May 2011
    fluffymalone ·
    • Hide content

Thanks again for the replies. Think I may keep them as they are. I have had to wear heels as im 5ft 6 and OH is 6ft 3!!!

Not sure if they will be on all day and evening but have had a practise and they surprisingly comfortable, think that may be due to the hidden platform.

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

The platform does help. Mine were very high im only 5ft 1 and hubbys 6ft 3 also......

mine were these

• fluffymalone
    Beginner May 2011
    fluffymalone ·
    • Hide content

Teehee they are gorgeous love the little bit of bling!

Are you having any back up shoes for the night time?/ Im thinking of getting some but its more expense I suppose

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics