Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

sophamie
Beginner May 2013

My Shoes have arrived!!! UPDATED WITH PHOTOS

sophamie, 20 of March of 2013 at 22:46 Posted on Planning 0 22

After seeing a suggestion on here about Le Soulier bespoke handpainted shoes I kinda fell in love with them. I'm not a shoes girl really, and all the shoes I've ever bought all together probably cost less than these shoes (I never usually spend more than £20 on shoes, and am lucky if I buy 2 pairs a year!), but I'm completly in love with them. The agreement was that I could have them if I sold my GHD's and hair curlers that I no longer use (shhh, don't tell my H2B that I haven't done this yet!!)

So my shoes arrived today, they have our flowers on them, and the date our our wedding and our names on the back. It has Mrs Durrans (that will be me!) on the side, and on the other side it has a picture of our church (my MIL2B is a vicar and is marrying us so it's her church) and a frog (my nickname is Froggy).

I haven't managed to transfer photos onto the computer yet, but when I do I'll upload them on here for you all to see.

SQUEEEEEEEE!! I has pretty shoes!

22 replies

Latest activity by loadsagifts, 31 of May of 2013 at 11:48
  • DrBuffles
    Beginner August 2014
    DrBuffles ·
    • Hide content

Just had a quick look on google. Not my taste but what a beautiful momento of your day!

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content

Are these similar? I think they look gorgeous!

• Skeptical78
    Beginner September 2013
    Skeptical78 ·
    • Hide content

They are AMAZING! Do you mind me asking how much they were? I'm SERIOUSLY considering pimping my shoes now! I'm thinking old skool sailor tattoos and maybe an OCTOPUS! ?

• tayto
    Beginner May 2013
    tayto ·
    • Hide content

Amazing! So creative & pretty! I'm falling out of love with my boring ivory shoes....!

• F
    Beginner August 2013
    FMG ·
    • Hide content

Oh my word, I think these are lovely!!! Really tempted but feel a bit scared about what you said about the price, if you don't mind me asking, how much did they set you back? Thanks X

• sophamie
    Beginner May 2013
    sophamie ·
    • Hide content

Kjay - those are shoes that she's previously done if you find her on facebook she's got loads of pictures on there

They are expensive...they cost me £187 (P&P included), and you have to provide your own shoes...mine were only £14 from next in the sale at Christmas and my brother bought them for me

As I said I don't often buy shoes so these were my big extravagance for the wedding, but I'm totally in love with them and think they're worth it! After the wedding they're going to sit on top of my mirror in the living room along with my grandpa's bowler hat and my trilby...it'll look awesome!

• Skeptical78
    Beginner September 2013
    Skeptical78 ·
    • Hide content

Eeep! That's a *teeny* bit out of my budget (aka A LOT) considering my shoes already cost £60 alone (only cos I'm too lazy to shop around!)- oh well, I've emailed them anyway. I'll see what they say!

No taking away from the fact that yours look LUSH. ?

• Rosco298
    Beginner February 2014
    Rosco298 ·
    • Hide content

I was looking at this website yesterday. I really want some different shoes for my day. I see them as the thing I can keep after, I'm not going to have much use for a big white dress! Can I ask what material your shoes are? Also how easy was the process, did you provide ideas or did she just come up with a design for you? Thanks

• alyj66
    VIP August 2014
    alyj66 ·
    • Hide content

I'm so glad that I didn't know about this before I bought my shoes. They are beautiful.

• sophamie
    Beginner May 2013
    sophamie ·
    • Hide content

I've updated it with pictures now Smiley smile

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content

So cute- loving mr frog!

• SarahW73
    Beginner September 2013
    SarahW73 ·
    • Hide content

My friend does this. Her website is http://www.beautifulmoment.co.uk & her prices start at £75!

• SarahW73
    Beginner September 2013
    SarahW73 ·
    • Hide content

This is off her Facebook page:

Beautiful Moment is a new contemporary approach to remembering your special day with a bespoke Artwork or Shoe design by Claire Jones. Please see my website www.beautifulmoment.co.uk for price guide and quote form.
    email: *****************@*****.***

• K
    Beginner January 2012
    Kerry Hayes ·
    • Hide content

Hi, they're great but I met gemma kenward at a wedding fair and she quoted me £120.00 and her shoes are more classier than the shoes above (not that they aren't fab too) she's worth a look too

www.gemmakenwardshoes.com

• Icklefee
    Super May 2014
    Icklefee ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Looking at her website the shoes she uses look incredibly cheap.

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

I think it's great to have something so personal to you, and totally worth it if they are your only wedding splurge!

• K
    Beginner January 2012
    Kerry Hayes ·
    • Hide content

I have to buy the shoes and send them to her to get them personalized. I got a pair from Faith so no cheap shoes there

• LoveBug1950
    Beginner May 2015
    LoveBug1950 ·
    • Hide content

They are fab!

• M
    Beginner May 2014
    msmt ·
    • Hide content

They are great and totally personal to you!

• Holey
    Beginner July 2011
    Holey ·
    • Hide content

They are fab! I've never seen anything like that before

• PinkButterfly
    Beginner June 2014
    PinkButterfly ·
    • Hide content

I love these but wouldn't wear them personally myself... I am however tempted to order a pair to keep has an momentous.

ive ordered jimmy choos.... (It's a secret OH doesn't know) not actually told anyone so it's relief to share on here.

• M
    Beginner May 2014
    msmt ·
    • Hide content

I ordered my shoes today and i know that everyone but me and OH will hate them!

• loadsagifts
    Beginner January 2012
    loadsagifts ·
    • Hide content

What a brilliant idea! I love shoes so may just mooch and see what I can have just cos they are personal to the individual and so unique!

Thanks for sharing your pics, I didn't know this was possible!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics