Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

alexandrawedding@hotmail.co.uk
Rockstar November 2014

My sil2b bridesmaid has ruined my hen party :-( I'm so hurt and upset.

alexandrawedding@hotmail.co.uk, 26 of July of 2014 at 13:36 Posted on Planning 0 7

Sorry it's a moan I really feel like I need to let it all out I've been crying all night.

Originally when discussing hen do L (sil2b) LH (best friend) and S (step sister) we're saying how we should do a night away in a city.. leave it to us they said we will plan a lovely surprise! And I've been really excited!

Then L says she can't come because it's too expensive and LH complains about the money too, I offer to pay half for them.. they still don't want to, OH rings (without me knowing) and tells them not to worry about money he just wants them to be there so I have a nice time. LH says she'll find the money don't worry L still says no.

i meet them yesterday and they are slagging off S being really mean when all she had tried to do was something nice, I say let's just forget it we can have a local night and everybody can go home after (feel really sad especially as it was their idea to go away)

find out the hen do was cocktail making, make up, lunch, meal and clubbing and hotel in Manchester for £110 (which I felt was pretty reasonable and offered to buy all the drinks so people didn't have to worry about spending money!)

mom knew I was upset and would have loved it so rang L and said she'd managed to find the same package for £70 (she hadn't but would put the rest and then she wouldn't have needed to feel bad) but she was really nasty to her on the phone. Said I'm selfish to expect people to spend this much money (I didn't even know about it, it was supposed to be a surprise and they suggested going away!) that it should be about what everybody else wants to do not just me and do what we want but she wouldn't be there. I'd been so upset about the whole thing not wanting a hen party if she wasn't there :-( mom said plan b, her friend has apartments in bham we could stay in free and do it there but she said it defeats the object as people can't just leave when they feel like!

I told OH what had happened last night and how nasty she had been and he said he wasn't going to say anything but it was never about the money it's the fact she can't think of anything worse than spending the day with my friends and family and certainly doesn't want to pay for the privilege :-(

I'm devestated, she's ruined the surprise, made a horrible feeling about everything and basically I can't have anything nice because she won't be there but wouldn't come anyway. I told LH who was horrified as she'd been defending her, they said leave it to me, your mom and S we will plan you an amazing day. I said maybe stick to bham as it's close and then she can come to which bits she feels like but I'm so hurt.

Cant stop crying, they ruined my one nice surprise. I would have just gone along with it had it been the other way around, my family are always so nice to her but it's turned out she's a selfish b****h and all has to be about her.

Has to wear the bridesmaid dress she chooses, changed the table plan moan moan moan...

she said to mom 'my brothers wedding is costing me a fortune!' Don't see how?! I've brought hr dress, her daughters, boyfriends suit, food and drink is all free and nobody is making her get a hotel the night before she only lives 15mins away! It's cost mom over £3k but she kept her mouth shut not to cause drama!

sorry for the big pity party I'm just devastated :-( they are going to plan something similar now in bham but it's totally tainted xx

7 replies

Latest activity by HundredMonkeys, 26 of July of 2014 at 17:26
  • MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Aww, bless you honey! I know how awful it is to have family dramas, but this sounds like you had no idea about it until now! It sounds to me like she's being incredibly self centred, is she jealous that her brother is getting married? I would say if she doesnt want to be part of it then leave her out of the plans altogether! I hope you manage to sort things out, but don't feel bad, this definitely isn't your fault

• H
    Beginner November 2014
    Hisgirl ·
    • Hide content

She doesn't sound like a very nice person and you will probably have a better time without her anyway. I would be worried that if she came she would cause a drama tbh.

Forget about her attending and go off and enjoy your hen do with the people that love and care for you x

• alexandrawedding@hotmail.co.uk
    Rockstar November 2014
    alexandrawedding@hotmail.co.uk ·
    • Hide content

OH said she is probably jealous but she's incredibly self centered it always has to be about her and I thought she was my friend. I've had texts today saying so sorry it's been ruined I would have loved it but don't worry your still going to have a brilliant hen off some other friends. I know it's a lot of money but we worried she felt awkward that's why told her it was now a lot cheaper but obviously it was never about the money. She should have just pulled out and be done with it but instead she kicked off saying everybody should change to suit her when she only plans on showing her face for an hour anyway!

Shes already invited herself along to both of his stags!! I feel that's pretty inappropriate as her boyfriend is best man!

im just so hurt :-( worried she's going to ruin other parts of the wedding now.. just waiting for something else to be wrong. OH's step dad offered to do photos and friend to do evening food but she said absolutely no way they wouldn't enjoy the day so we sorted something else out. She won't enjoy the day if her dress isn't made into a halter neck! I'm really pissed surely everybody should just want us to enjoy our day :-( xx

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

I really think your OH needs to sit her down and talk to her. It is absolutely not ok that she thinks she can go to his stag do, and it is not ok that she thinks she can dictate your day to you! Your wedding day is exact that; yours! Claim it back before the whole thing ends up being about her, and you don't get the day you wanted

• alexandrawedding@hotmail.co.uk
    Rockstar November 2014
    alexandrawedding@hotmail.co.uk ·
    • Hide content

I understand it's a lot of money (I never had anything to do with it they suggested a night away ect)

but first I offered half, didn't help

offered to pay for all the drinks - still didn't help

OH rang and said 'don't worry about the money I'll pay the main thing is your there' - still no

and then mom rang and told her the price was now £70 as it's off peak (a lie but just in case she felt arkward about borrowing money) and still a big fat NO!

all because she didn't want to come, but instead of still wanting me to have a nice time.. no!

Sorry for being a moany pants :-( I flitter between crying my eyes out because I feel so hurt and upset as I thought we were friends to being really angry she's behaved this way! Xx

• Decorated_Doll
    Beginner July 2016
    Decorated_Doll ·
    • Hide content

She's being a real b*tch - no two ways about it. In some ways it is sad you had to find out because ignorance would have been bliss in this case, confusing slightly frustrating bliss but still better than knowing what a horrible person she was being not only to you and your brother, but your entire bridal party and friends. On the other hand, at least you know what she can be like now. In future you might not feel so willing to cater to her whims and believe her reasoning, as she clearly can't be fully trusted.

Overall - I'm really sorry you've found yourself in this situation. I understand, somewhat, because my wedding isn't for two years and I've already (pretty much) decided not to have my sister there due to one thing and another.

• H
    Beginner August 2014
    HundredMonkeys ·
    • Hide content

I don't really understand why you need to have her there to have a nice time? Have I missed something? Why on earth would you want to be around someone like that? Seems to me that she knows full well that you wanted her there and has revelled in causing trouble and diverting attention on to herself. If I were you, I would arrange for a weekend/night (whatever people can afford) and just keep her completely out of the loop and not invited. You deserve a nice, happy hen do with people who genuinely want you to be happy. I think you need to open your eyes a bit and realise that she's not got your best interests at heart.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics