Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner May 2015

My sister in law to be is a b*tch!

Snowflake92, 6 of September of 2014 at 12:08 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi all,

So the wedding planning is going okay and we have most of the big things booked but my sister in law to be is really putting me down and not wanting to get married with her there! Obviously that's not possible after all shes my partners sister but my god is she awful. She is so use to everything being about her in my partners family that she feels like she has to knock our wedding and make a big deal about EVERYTHING!

It all started because most of my wedding details were shared on facebook (not everything just big things like the date or been to book the church ect). Anyways she went off on one because she found out via facebook when our wedding was. My whole family found out on facebook! To me and my partner it made sense to send out a big group message so all our friends and family could see it instead of texting or ringing them all (we both have HUGE families). My sister (whos a bridesmaid) found out the same as she did but she has created a big fuss and gone OTT. My MOH is my partners younger sister as we have been best friends since we were little and i knew her before him. His side of the family are saying that because my MOH knows everything and my partners mum knows everything we should tell everything to his older sister aswell because shes left out. Is that true? am i in the wrong here? Im so angry with her for trying to ruin everything and seriously if i could seat her outside or not invite her i would!

Sorry for the rant, just need some advice before i blow my top at her!

Can i also add that we're having a sit down meal which is £40 a head and she has 4 kids and a boyfriend! So just for her is £240 and thats whats winding me up. That much for someone who will sit there looking like she has a slapped face because she doesnt like me!

So stressed about it i was seriously considering just going to the council house and getting married in secret and saying f*ck you to her but then she wins ☹️

4 replies

Latest activity by danath, 6 of September of 2014 at 20:44
  • M
    Beginner January 2016
    MagsHelen ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I know what you are going through. Please don't let her ruin your big day. My brother got married a couple of months ago and I can't stand his wife. Like your sister in law, my brother's wife is use to getting her own way and everything she wants. She wasn't even that happy on the wedding day and she's the bride! I know it's hard to be nice to her (believe me!), but you don't want her causing problems between you and your husband to be/future family. Just smile and kill her with kindness. Have you got a friend who could maybe step in and divert her away from you on your wedding day if she starts causing a drama?

Good Luck x

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

I know what delightful family members are like! Just ignore her. If it comes to it, just say to her that you would appreciate it if she would understand that it's your wedding, that she knows all the details that everyone else knows, and would she please stop stressing you out.

• Ddpunk
    Beginner June 2018
    Ddpunk ·
    • Hide content

Got no advice re: SIL, but just wondered if you might be better changing your username.

if its your name it might make you identifiable and wouldn't want it getting back to SIL no matter how much of a nightmare she is!

• S
    Beginner July 2016
    sky6925 ·
    • Hide content

I'm going through the same thing with my sister which I don't talk to, I know she is making snide comments to my parents. My oh and me are not inviting her to our wedding and that is my flesh and blood. I know she is set out on ruining our day so apart from the day no one knows anything apart from my oh and me.

• D
    Beginner September 2015
    danath ·
    • Hide content

Such a shame families can tend to be nightmare when it comes to weddings! mine wont be there and dont want to know and my h2b direct family wont be there either, its 2nd time round for both of us and as we have just plowed on and are not letting them get us down its annoying them more just smile and wave Smiley smile its ur day x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics