Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

ebony_rose
Genius

My unusual choice of wedding shoes ***FLASH***

ebony_rose, 16 of September of 2010 at 14:01 Posted on Planning 0 17

Thought I might aswell flash my shoes. They're not your average wedding shoe, but then I like things that are a bit different. My colours are Black and white, not having a theme as such.

They are also going to double as my "something old". I've had them for a while, and as they are comfy, I thought they'd be ideal to wear on the day.

My family and friends know i'm a bit "odd", so would be more shocked if I wore plain "weddingy" type shoes.

17 replies

Latest activity by Arquard, 17 of September of 2010 at 07:56
  • Josiep00
    Beginner December 2010
    Josiep00 ·
    • Hide content

Yay! Another blackie...

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

Fab!

I wore bright pink shoes - it's how my colour scheme became pink - i wanted bright pink shoes and bright pink gerberas!

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

Mine are turquoise blue!!!

I must say, the teeth on yours are a little freaky.... but if thats what makes you happy then I say go for it!!!

• S
    Beginner
    Sloan-R ·
    • Hide content

I like you like things a little different and i'm very into burlesque etc. I like the shoes if they were black all over, but the teeth are a little much for a wedding I think. But hey if you're happy x

• Jayned
    Beginner May 2001
    Jayned ·
    • Hide content

Ooh ooh I love them!

• Blonde Viki
    Beginner July 2012
    Blonde Viki ·
    • Hide content

They're Irregular Choice, aren't they? Smiley laugh

They are skyscraper high though - do you plan to have them on all day or are you going to have some comfy back-up shoes too? Smiley smile

• BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content

Are they Iron Fist shoes? I really want new shoes.. I'm already bored of mine!!

• Blonde Viki
    Beginner July 2012
    Blonde Viki ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's the brand I was thinking of!! Right next to Irregular Choice in Schuh though - too many shoes, so easy to get confused Smiley winking

• BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah they're pretty similar in their "Alternativeness", I have my eye on some Irregular choice shoes for the wedding.. I can only have flats though, some of them are soooo high!

• ebony_rose
    Genius
    ebony_rose ·
    • Hide content

They are Iron Fist, and they do look high, but the platform in them makes them uber comfy. I will still probably change into my trusty Dr Martens later in the evening though. This is mainly as we are having a Handfasting in the evening, and i'm changing into another dress, which obviously means another pair of shoes of some sort. Tis tough, but as the bride, I am willing to do it.

Yeah, the teeth aren't very "weddingy", but then i'm not one for the typical weddingy things like floaty white dresses and sugared almonds. BTW, that isn't a dig at other brides who are having the traditional wedding look, it's just not for me. I dress a bit "different" everyday, my wedding day will be no different.

• ebony_rose
    Genius
    ebony_rose ·
    • Hide content

I had found a dress, but later changed my mind. It was the bay of e of all places. It is really well made, but i know a lot of people have had awful experiences with dresses from there.

I think i'm just going to get a dress from an "alternative" shop, I can wear it again then. If i can't find anything, then i have my bay of e dress as back up.

What irregular choice shoes are you having?

• ebony_rose
    Genius
    ebony_rose ·
    • Hide content
  • celticgoddess
    Beginner March 2012
    celticgoddess ·
    • Hide content

Hi there i love the irregular choice shoes, i have them in green and theyre just beautiful.............i wish i had bought the cream ones now!

• S
    Beginner
    Sloan-R ·
    • Hide content

Ooh minicooper I love the gold shoes.

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

I love those Irregular Choice shoes too but I tried them on in Schuh and they weren't very comfortable Smiley sad I have two other pairs of IC shoes and they're very, very comfy though.

LOVE the OP's shoes. Your wedding day is meant to reflect your personality, so go for it! They are amazing.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics