Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

shell657
Dedicated September 2012

My veil is way too dark :(

shell657, 5 May, 2012 at 09:50 Posted on Planning 0 10

My veil arrived today, custom made from The Wedding Veil Shop, i ordered an ivory one thinking it would match my dress but it's so dark, as soon as i opened the box i was struck by how grey/yellowy it looked, im gutted.

I had no idea the colours would vary so much ☹️

10 replies

Latest activity by fionakt83, 9 May, 2012 at 22:16
  • porkchop
    Beginner September 2012
    porkchop ·
    • Hide content

Did you not order a colour swatch of the material first?

I ordered mine from there, did you get a custom made one? If not you can send it back? If you got a custom one and cant then you could sell it on ebay, at least they arent really super expensive if you ordered another one, perhaps get a swatch first this time? x

• shell657
    Dedicated September 2012
    shell657 ·
    • Hide content

No stupidly never ordered a swatch because I just assumed the colour would be fine - it never occurred to me that they would come in such varying shades! My own fault really.

I think that's what i will do, flog it on ebay & order another one (yes it was custom made), my mum bless her says she will pay for the replacement - she's too good to me! xx

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content

They do say the hardest colour to match is ivory in their site! I got the colour swatches and the ivory is a very rich creamy colour, the diamond white is a very pale ivory and white is white!

So yes you are daft for ordering without a colour swatch! Hopefully you'll sell it on eBay and your next veil will be 100% perfect.

• K
    Beginner June 2012
    kfair ·
    • Hide content

I got mine from piky margaret on e-bay, hers prices are great and her products are even better, you could try her instead ?

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Is it just while it's all bunched up or is it definitely too dark?

I ordered mine online from Wedding Veils Direct to match the coffee colour on my dress and when it arrived I panicked (despite ordering swatches) as it looked so dark in the box, but when it was on and 'fanned out' it looked great. You can see here if you want: https://www.hitched.co.uk/chat/forums/t/307343.aspx

If it is definitely too dark, at least you haven't spent a fortune and I'm sure you'll be able to sell it.

• shell657
    Dedicated September 2012
    shell657 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

HI kharv, yeh it's still too dark even when fanned out, it did only cost me £28 so it's not the end of the world - i have learnt my lesson!

You looked beautiful on your wedding day by the way ?

• F
    Beginner August 2012
    fionakt83 ·
    • Hide content

Hi do you know her ebay name? im looking all over for a veil but cant find one to match at all ?

Thankxx

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

I'm sorry to hear about your veil. I'm not sure whether it could be put in bleach, although it might go a yellow colour? Selling might be the best option, but only after trying to get a refund.

Pink Margeret is the lady I got mine from. She sent out free samples of the tulle to macth the colour, & also had several thickness of tulle to choose from. Mine was diamond white, but there are thousands of colours called 'white', 'ivory', 'off white' so I'd always recommend getting a swatch. It doesnt really matter what the call the colour, as long as it matches.

I read that a veil can be a shade or 2 lighter than the dress, but doesnt go if its any darker.

Margaret can help with style, beading, crystals etc & was so friendly & helpful. She emails back within 24hrs & the prices were great. I cannot recommend her enough.

****@*******.*****.**.**

• Little Miss Tweety
    Beginner August 2012
    Little Miss Tweety ·
    • Hide content

My dress is a deep ivory and I'm struggling to find a veil that is dark enough, they all look white next to it and it doesnt look right. Totally agree that ivory is a had shade to match. Think I will give up!

• F
    Beginner August 2012
    fionakt83 ·
    • Hide content

I've emailed her and already i'm thrilled ? She got back to me within 24 hours and is sending me samples as I type. I've been pulling my hair out looking for one as my dress is pale gold and i've had my heart set on a veil from being little and i've looked everywhere for one to match.

xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics