Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner February 2010

My very late report!!!! Pics at the end xxxx update More pics added ladies.

Ema78, 11 May, 2010 at 14:01 Posted on Planning 0 13

Well im glad to say everything went as well as can be expected? and to be honest i wouldnt have changed anything at all!!!

worked up untill the Friday which wasnt to bad as i do half days.

FRIDAY

My friends and family travelled up from surrey so done abit of runinng around picking people up from the station ect.

When to the church in the evening to decorate the pews with the ribbons managed to slice my thumb open with a pair of scissors!!! Have no idea how but there was alot of blood lol. Said goodbye to my OH at about 6pm as he went to stay at his parents. Finished off my BM flowers and settled in to a quiet night in with my two daughters, DVD and a takeaway.

SATURDAY WEDDING DAY!!!

Got up at about 6.30am as i couldnt sleep and decided to do housework!!!!! Looking back on it i think it was my way of keeping my mind busy. My mum and chief BM arrived for 10 along with the hair dresser. I was quiet relaxed by this point and pottered around after everyone making tea and bacon sandwiches as the rest of my BMs arrived i had 7 in all.

Got to 2pm and panic set in as i hadnt even had my hair done. But what a star my hairdresses was she was so fast!! My chief BM had a wardrobe malfunction when her bra strap snaped so we had to cut them off!! Managed to get everyone ready and organised for the cars that arrived at 2.45.

Got to the church for just before 3 only to be told i couldnt go in as the was a little problem at this point i felt sick with worry, later I found out that my OH didnt have his cufflinks that i had brought him for the wedding on and had sent his dad to get them.

I finally got in to church and i would like to say that the service went without a hitch but it didnt. Our priest (bless her) had wrote a lovely speech about us, how we met etc and had mentioned that we like films. She then went on to ask if we had seen mama mia? which we havent. Then out of the blue she put on ABBA's I dreamed a dream, this was a total shock to us as it is not something that we would have asked for!!! Never less we all say and listened to the song, after which was the time for our vows, my OH was just starting to say his when from the speakers the next track on the CD started "YOUR NOT PERFECT" Well we were all in stiches the priest was trying to signal to her husband to turn it off which seemed to take ages LOL!!! We both kind of giggled are vows after that.

We managed to get through the service with no more You've been framed moments!!!!!

We all went outside for more photos, just about to have a pic taken when my older brother ran out the door, fell and slid about 3 metres down the path!! LOL he got up faster then he went down and in his words "made a sharp exit" he was so embarrised and slightly bruised!!!

We went straight on to our evening reception and there was such a good turn out. The speeches were wonderful and my OH's Bestman did him proud with his humourous speech about how my OH had shoot him in the head with an arrow!!!!! There was a few tears when we toasted those who had passed on.

The first dance which we had practiced for went out the window we both totally forgot lol!!!! But the kids all blowing bubbles as we danced went down well and the pics of it look great!!!

We left the reception at 11pm and went to a room that his sister had booked for us only to discover that my dad and the rest of his family were staying at the same hotel!!!! We sat in the bar and had a nice quiet drink with them. Got into the room to find that it had the biggest bed i have ever seen!!!!

Well thats it really as we havent booked are honeymoon yet but im sure it will be great!!! Emma xxx

Me and Hubby in the car

Me and my dad

Our car

First dance

Me getting my own back!!!!

13 replies

Latest activity by mrsjbw2b, 11 May, 2010 at 21:40
  • Jumbly Girl
    Beginner May 2010
    Jumbly Girl ·
    • Hide content

Greta stuff. What a comedy error at the ceremony! Glad everything else went to plan. Congratulations!

• C
    Beginner July 2011
    cassmk2 ·
    • Hide content

So glad you enjoyed your day and you looked beautiful. Your day seemed very comical and i am so glad you saw the funny side. Your post did just make me laugh out loud. Congratulations to you both

• B
    Beginner July 2010
    brideseekingblush ·
    • Hide content

Aww that's great. You look lovely. x

• E
    Beginner February 2010
    Ema78 ·
    • Hide content

Yes it was comical and i still laugh about it lol xxxx

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

Wow, i never believed that girls look for a little of their fathers in their husbands but you girl, have chosen an uncanny resemblence!! you look gorgeous, loving the brooch on your stole and your report was fabby, more pics please!!!!!

ps; my hubbys a good cook, and thats his only resemblance to my dad Smiley smile

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content

sounds fab!!! i love the wee mishaps! Smiley winking except i dont wish pain on anyone (so i dont wish your bro an injury!!) your pics are fab as well. you looked amazing!! Where did you get your shrug btw??

• E
    Beginner February 2010
    Ema78 ·
    • Hide content

I got the shrug from good old bay of e and it came with the brooch

Em xx

• Ellie_S
    Beginner March 2012
    Ellie_S ·
    • Hide content

You looked beautiful ? congratualtions n i loved the pix xxxx

• AutumnRose
    Beginner
    AutumnRose ·
    • Hide content

Lovely pics!!!!!!!

What a funny moment in the ceremony - something to tell the grandkids!!!!

• kenzie3
    Dedicated August 2023
    kenzie3 ·
    • Hide content

What a lovely day, and you look stunning...x

• sidsidney
    Beginner
    sidsidney ·
    • Hide content

Gorgeous! Sounds like you had a wonderful day x

• MrsAtoB
    Beginner August 2010