Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner August 2011

my wedding dress for less.co.uk

amythest76, 13 January, 2010 at 20:36 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hi ladies......

anyone seen this website??used it?or heard good or bad reviews???!!

seen a dress i really like on there for £199 and it seems too good to be true!!!

x

7 replies

Latest activity by skyrocket, 3 November, 2011 at 10:53
  • Kim31
    Kim31 ·
    • Hide content

I've heard mixed reviews....

Not much help

Sorry

Kim x

• lesleypb
    Beginner
    lesleypb ·
    • Hide content

A friend sent me this link - did you get your dress from them? Anyone else heard anything about Wedding Dress For Less?

lesley

************@*****.**.**

• lesleypb
    Beginner
    lesleypb ·
    • Hide content

What type of mixed reviews have you heard about Wedding Dress For Less?

Thanks

Lesley

************@*****.**.**

• A
    Beginner August 2011
    amythest76 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

i have heard some reviews that they are great and others that its a total waste of time and money(but i guess the quality wont be great on such a cheap dress compared to the 'real' thing??!)

i havent ordered my dress but to give the company credit i did contact them via email to ask more questions and they got straight back to me and seemed pretty helpful..

have heard better reviews about landybridal and trying to find out more about peridress.com....

good luck and let me know if you go for any of them too!!

• littlelady01
    Beginner October 2010
    littlelady01 ·
    • Hide content

I just want to thank you for posting this i'd found my dress on uk cheap website but they almost doubled the price unexpectedly and on a tight budget I was quite upset. I had quick look at the website and they have my dress slightly cheaper. It's not guarenteed that I'll order from then but at least I can find the dress else where so again thanks!

• C
    Beginner January 2012
    coolartist87 ·
    • Hide content

Hi there, this is an older thread, but I have to say that I ordered my dress from myweddingdressforless and I actually love the dress. AT the risk of sounding cliche, I was really aprehensive about ordering abroad- I really had once chance because I only had 4 months to organize my wedding so it was essential that it was right the first time and I trusted these people, and wasn't let down.

There is no compromise in quality or materials and the details are meticulous. I ordered a dress with rediculous amounts of beading and every one was in place and firmly secure. I went and tried on dresses locally and I can safely say that the quality is exactly the same as what you would get in a shop. What I will mention is that most dresses are actually made in china to begin with and then sold third party here at rediculous mark ups. There is no reason why you souldn't buy directly from the source when you can find a company that actually is as truthful and responsive as this one for making the dress for your special day. It is properly boned and the satin is top quality. All I have to say is that they make their own designs, not copy others as a rule. All their dresses on their site are their own samples, not desingers pics taken for the copies they make, so you can be sure the dress you get will be nearly exactly what you see in the pic, mine was.

Trust me, Im a big girl (well size 18-20 dress) and they really payed attention to the measurements I sent them and it fit like a glove when I tried it on. Also, I would recoment to avoid disapointment, go to a local bridal shop, try on dresses and see what style fits you, and then take that as an idea and look at their website and find something similar and they will make altersations for a very reasonable fee (also my experience as I chose a design, had custom colours, sizing, and actually altered the neck line and stomach rouching and so on). My whole dress alterations, shipping and base price was only £349 and was made and recieved in about 7 weeks due to holidays in china and such, but thats minimal compared to local dress shops here that can take 7-12 months to make/ alter dresses.

Hope this helps any brides looking! Wedding n 6 weeks now!

• skyrocket
    Beginner July 2012
    skyrocket ·
    • Hide content

God I'm so cynical...

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics