Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Katrina
Dedicated February 2025 West Midlands

My Wedding Dress has arrived in store :).

Katrina, 19 of June of 2024 at 15:31 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 21

I went to find my dream dress at the end of March I got a message yesterday to say that it had NOW arrived. I thought it would not be ready till about September/ October time. They told me up to 3-6 months.

I have 10 days to go and try it on just in case anything needs to be changed with the designer etc. I am so excited to put my actual wedding dress on Smiley smile I feel a bit nervous as well. I am also due on my period I told the shop that they said I can try it on for a few mintues jsut to check everything. I will wear period underwear.

The wedding dress sample I tried on fitted fine did not feel to tight really but they have sized me up. So if anything it will feel as though I have more room in it Smiley smile I am so excited I break up for summer break tomorrow. Knowing that next week I will be trying my dress on has come at the right time really. I am taknig my Mum with me Smiley smile.

21 replies

Latest activity by Katrina, yesterday at 19:56
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations! Have a wonderful time trying it on.

• Katrina
    Katrina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I went yesterday it was just magicalSmiley smile I have alot of room in it. I will go back 6/8 weeks before the wedding to see the seamstress.
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Lovely! So pleased it was a good experience for you. It must be starting to feel very real now!

• Katrina
    Katrina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Smiley smile Indeed it is. I have ordered myself a 2nd dress from Coast to wear in the evening to change into. As I can see it being a struggle trying to use the toilet in a wedding dress lol 😆. Plus wanted something comfortable on in the evening. I can have different pictures in the new dress too so win win!!
  • S
    Rockstar July 2024 Cumbria
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    Aww Katrina! How exciting! I remember this feeling well!!! I have my last dress fitting this Friday and pick it up on the 18th!!!!! X
  • S
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    This post really warmed my heart! ❤️
  • Katrina
    Katrina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hey Shay,
    We are in July tomorrow we are in double digits for you now Smiley smile you must be so excited. I hope you enjoy every moment.

I have ordered a 2nd dress from Coast as don't think it's practical to be in wedding dress all day. I keep thinking how will I go use the toilet?lol is it just me? Will have my mum to help me of course. Think it will be easier when I change dresses.x
  • S
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes we are! Thank you for saying! I am feeling all of the emotions!

How funny, I am laying in bed looking for a second dress and came off to chill for a while and look on here. I don’t plan to change into one but would like to have it there just in case!
    Haha, my seemstress has left my dress a little looser around my legs to pee, haha, although I would have preferred it slightly tighter she says you have to walk and she is right, I would have been shuffling! Haha! She has made my dress even more perfect.
    I am so happy you enjoyed your whole experience. X
  • Katrina
    Katrina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Smiley smile Is it starting to feel more real now? Are you all sorted with your suppliers etc?=) I hope so. All the planning is being brought alive.

Ah good idea will mention it to my seamstress. I like the way my dress is not to tight on tummy area Smiley smile which I am happy about.

Coast is a good website Smiley smile that's where I ordered my dress on. The dress is coming from Debenhams so looks like they are still going online just no shop presence anymore.x
  • S
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes it is! It is very emotional and everyone’s emotions are heightened! We are organized (still waiting on foods final bill etc) but it still feels like we have lots to do but we have spaced it all out evenly. Myself and my partner are going to go for a nice spa the week before and relax just us 2 there is some good deals on at the moment.

Honeymoon isn’t booked but I am not bothered if we are meant to go away we will find a good deal.
    That’s great. I am happy you feel good in your dress. I have a healthy figure I would say but I am concious of my large hips but it is obviously just what we wear in day to day life that’s maybe not right as my hips are tiny and well proportioned in my dress. I hope the photos look the same. Haha.
    I will have a look on there now. X
  • Katrina
    Katrina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I ♡ my spa days ") Groupon has good offers from time to time. Next month off to use spa facilities with some of the girls they have a sauna, jacuzzi, pool and steam room. Looking forward to it.

I hope you find some good offers for Honeymoon Smiley smile where about would you like to go?
    We now have all of our suppliers that we are going to have for wedding can't believe it already. Going lingerie shopping tomorrow Smiley smile so excited lol!
  • Katrina
    Katrina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I am sure your dress will look great on you Smiley smile sometimes we can be so harsh on ourselves x
  • S
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes that’s exactly what we are doing! No treatments, just using all the facilities! We did it for my fiancés birthday and had the best time.

Kenya is where we want to go but that will be July 2025. That is out of budget this year we think but also our holidays don’t match flights.
    That is great. All organized! That’s a good place to be.
    Oh very good. I don’t need a bra luckily enough but I got my sucky ins from marks and Spencer’s. Haha.
  • Katrina
    Katrina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aww that sounds lovely hope you both get to go. 😍 We have booked our honeymoon for a few months after the wedding as I have to book during half term school holidays. We are off to Dominican Republic Smiley smile can't wait!

I am actually going to wear nipple sticker covers it feels comfortable for me. There are bra cups made in the wedding dress which is handy lol.
  • S
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much!!!
    Oh yes!!! We have been! We stayed at the Bahia principe Bavaro I think it was called? That was 8 years ago! There is different parts to it. Think there is a diamond etc? It was very nice! I bet you can’t wait. It’s nice to do it a little after keeps it all going. How exciting!

Yes it is! Hahah. I didn’t think it covers. X
  • S
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    *of …….
  • Katrina
    Katrina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Just looked it up looks stunning!=)
    I really love to travel we went to Greece last year to Corfu we stayed at The Aleos beach resort something like that. Think I have spelt it incorrect lol 😆. Do you think after your wedding you will feel strange when there is nothing to plan?

It's going to feel strange so it's good that you have spaced out your honeymoon something to look forward to!
  • M
    Beginner July 2025 Suffolk
    Micro110 ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations and wish you happiness~

• S
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Haha, we haven’t been on a summer holiday since 2017!! We couldn’t beleive it. I think we will actually. Although we have spaced it out well it’ll still be a miss as we have had the best of fun planning it. X
  • S
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    2017 together I mean.
  • Katrina
    Katrina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow 2017 sometimes life happens I know u will make it happen soon Smiley smile.. I have travelled every year since 2011. I didn't travel 2020/21/22 three years due to what was going on. My last holiday was 2019 then finally we went Greece 2023 last year. So hoping for more holidays & to get in a rhythm again. Have you got any kids yet?x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics