Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

my wedding ideas: flashed

3 April, 2011 at 21:23 Posted on Planning 0 15

I'm just trying to put all of my ideas in one place so that I can see them all together but so that others can let me know how well they think everything gels! So comments are more than welcomed and yes - it's an indulgent bit of flashing but I'm hoping it'll be helpful before I make purchases! My engagement ring is 18ct yellow gold, where most people are going white gold or platinum at the mo by the looks of things, so to go from the head down, I'm thinking of going yellow gold with the tiara, though I'd like to wear pearls when it comes to jewellery so I like this tiara from John Lewis:

and as I'm going for a full chapel or cathedral length veil i'm hoping the hair will look something like this (but with the tiara above) :

then I'm going to have my dress made to order when I've managed to decide on a dress maker, but I'm going to base it heavily on my favourite designer dress, Cima by San Patrick BUT I'm going to ask that it's made with a longer train

N.B - I want the veil in the pic above!

The bridesmaids are going to wear these dresses:

The flowers are going to very natural - almost going for wild flowers/meadow flowers, rather than a tightly packed ball of roses or something more structured and formal. With the main flowers being cornflowers (despite the fact that I always disliked cornflowers somewhat - until I got engaged - and now it's "I want cornflowers!" - funny what a wedding does to you!) Other flowers I'd like to include will be lavender (for that meadow, summer garden look and also for the lovely smell) cow parsley ( so that it looks as though they've been picked from a hedgerow) and perhaps hydrangeas too for something different. I can't find a very good pic to represent this but something loose and almost "casual" like this:

As our venue is very traditional, countrysidish and rustic (I know I've flashed this before but I LOVE my venue!)

I'd also like to have hops in the bouquets (as they're strung up everywhere!) and also incorporated into the centrepieces.

As far as a theme for the decor is concerned I'm going with a Kentish theme, and a lot of the table decoration will be based around a Kentish orchard, with lots of apples and pears. Our place settings will look something like this:

with the centrepieces looking a bit like this:

I remain a fan of both these cakes:

15 replies

Latest activity by WhiteSparkles, 4 April, 2011 at 11:25
  • Mynnie the Moocher
    Beginner May 2011
    Mynnie the Moocher ·
    • Hide content

Ooooooh, that all looks fantastic! Stunning!!!

It's got a really lovely and 'English' feel to it. I'm loving the apples as place cards and holding up the tiers of the cake - very original!

If you need an apple shiner, I'm your girl!? (as long as I get to stay and watch too!)

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

I absolutely love your theme & ideas are fab.

• sarahb3426
    Beginner June 2012
    sarahb3426 ·
    • Hide content

• CardiffInvitations
    CardiffInvitations ·
    • Hide content

Looking good!

My brother got married last December and their colour theme was black and green so they used pears for centrepieces and the cake, so thought I should flash!

The pic of the centrepiece doesnt do it justice, its because of the light.

Anna

• Katscamel
    Katscamel ·
    • Hide content

Canterburybride - love your venue - where is it if I may ask????

• M
    Beginner October 2011
    Mrs Poon ·
    • Hide content

OMG we are tiara twins I got this in silver a few weeks ago. Was really struggling to find a tiara I liked then when I walked into JL I just knew this was the one ? I even got the matching hairpins for the back of my head too as will be having an updo.

P.s Love your theme and all the pictures look fab x

• Katscamel
    Katscamel ·
    • Hide content

Hi CB - Managed to find it when I was looking at possible venues online, will be very interested to know how it all goes - am also looking at Whitstable castle and St Edmunds (the latter would save on transport and could just walk up the hill/catch the bus up lol)

• Katscamel
    Katscamel ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for that info on the castle. We're keeping it small so the size isn't an issue really. Not overkeen on the 10pm rule - hmmm think I'll have to look around - any other recommendations? Shame the place in the Westgate Gardens can't be used as that would be fab. My parents are just off Whistable Road.

In the past I always wanted to get married at Wye College - great buildings and was where I did my degree but it's no longer being used as a wedding venue Smiley sad

• W
    Beginner
    WhiteSparkles ·
    • Hide content

I'm loving the apples! It'll look and smell great!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics