Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Nenas
Beginner March 2012

My wedding report - chocolate_e - 22.3.12 ***Flash heavy***

Nenas, 20 April, 2012 at 20:39

Posted on Planning 52

A bit delayed, sorry! And I don't mean for the beginning of this to be a major downer, but it influenced our day in a big way. The pics aren't watermarked, so as our photographer Deborah Stott is so amazing, please ask me if you want any of the pics and don't post them elsewhere - thanks!! And also,...

A bit delayed, sorry! And I don't mean for the beginning of this to be a major downer, but it influenced our day in a big way.

The pics aren't watermarked, so as our photographer Deborah Stott is so amazing, please ask me if you want any of the pics and don't post them elsewhere - thanks!!

And also, its long... very long...

Bit of Background

10 days before the wedding my OH’s Auntie (his Mum’s sister) died from cancer. Her funeral was planned for a week or so after the wedding, so everyone was a bit in limbo around the time of the wedding. However, they were all looking forward to the wedding and saw it as an opportunity to have something to look forward to and take their mind off the funeral as it was quite a long time to wait (over three weeks after she died). Rob’s cousin originally wasn’t going to be able to make the wedding as she is a teacher and we had a mid-week term-time wedding, but she was now on compassionate leave, so while it was for the absolute worse reason, it was nice that she was there and she was there to support her dad (and to keep him from spiralling into despair at the wedding – she knew it would be good for him to be there).

Tuesday 20th March – 2 days before the wedding

The wedding was in Stoke – a good drive from where we live in Kent, so we had quite a few things to sort out before we left. OH’s parents had already gone up to Stoke and were staying in a cottage close to the venue for a week, and his brother and his family were going up the same day as us to stay in their cottage as well (we had our own booked). They were all our usual cat-sitters, so we had to put our two in the cattery for a few days – not something I was looking forward to as they’d only been in once before overnight and it didn’t go very well (that’s a whole different story)! It was heart-breaking leaving them because we could hear one of them crying for us as we left, but we just carried on and tried to put them out of our minds. We actually returned home at this point because I needed the loo and we couldn’t think where else to go! So, about half an hour after we originally left, we were finally on the road to our wedding!!!

We were on the road for about 5 minutes, driving along the road we drive along most weekends, aware of the speed cameras along there, but somehow OH seemed to take no notice and went through a 50mph camera at 56mph, and saw the camera flash in his rear view mirror – not a good start!! Thankfully the rest of the journey was fine and we arrived in Stoke about 2pm, unpacked our stuff into our cottage and then head up to his parent’s cottage. They had a hot-tub there so we took our stuff and lazed in there for a while which was quite relaxing. At that point OH’s brother turned up and announced that his 4-year old had tonsillitis since the weekend and they had considered not coming... why they hadn’t told us this before I have no idea! Anyway, OH’s parents made us all dinner and we head back to our cottage fairly early to get as much sleep as we could.

52 replies

• charlottelucy
    Beginner August 2012
    charlottelucy ·
    • Hide content

Stunning congratulations x

• haylee81
    Beginner May 2012
    haylee81 ·
    • Hide content

Fabulous report, you looked stunning x

• sal.san
    Beginner December 2011
    sal.san ·
    • Hide content

Beautiful report and pics! Congratulations to you both x

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

Lovely report! Loved the Constitution Hill table name - what did you name the others?

• Trouble_gb
    Beginner September 2013
    Trouble_gb ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations! It looks like you had a fantastic day!

Can I ask where you got the bridesmaids dresses from?

Thanks

• Fergo
    Beginner December 2012
    Fergo ·
    • Hide content

Congrats, fantastic report?

• Nenas
    Beginner March 2012
    Nenas ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

They were all Aber-based - we struggled a bit!

Consti was ours and then there was also: Queens Ave (where my H lived years ago), Ynyslas, Old College, Carpenter (where I lived), Pier, Promenade, Penglais and Edward Llwyd (building on campus that we spent most of our time in).

So a bit of a mixed bag but it worked really well ?

• **Shelley**
    Beginner October 2012
    **Shelley** ·
    • Hide content

Wow what a lovely report!! You looked stunning and both of you so happy! Congratulations to you both!

xx

• Purple Pixie
    Beginner July 2012
    Purple Pixie ·
    • Hide content

Wow, sounds (and looks) like you had an amazing day. Congratulations!

• *AJS*
    Beginner December 2012
    *AJS* ·
    • Hide content

A lovely report and your pics are fab! x x

• xtlcx
    Beginner May 2012
    xtlcx ·
    • Hide content

Fabulous report, your venue looked amazing and the pics show how happy you both were

Love the snail toppers xx

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations! What a lovely report!

• T
    Beginner July 2012
    Thursday Bride ·
    • Hide content

Wonderful report - Just googled the Love Monkey - its lovely. We are considering having Edward Monkton's Dinosaur reading in our ceremony - I always liked his cards but his stories are so meaningful

• L
    Beginner June 2012
    lannybird ·
    • Hide content

Aww, what a lovely report Smiley smile your venue is gorgeous, as is your dress and the flowers! looks like you had a fab day, congratulations Smiley smile

• Nenas
    Beginner March 2012
    Nenas ·
    • Hide content

Thank guys for all the lovely comments Smiley smile

Love Monkey is such a nice reading. I bought the full book and have kept the copy of it, so have it as a little memento of the day Smiley smile

• UnionJackDream
    Beginner March 2016
    UnionJackDream ·
    • Hide content

This was a lovely report and everyone looked so beautiful. Your little jacket is gorgeous and finishes your outfit off beautifully.

Congratulations and enjoy your new life as husband and wife xxx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics