Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

D
Beginner October 2010

My Wonderful Wet Wedding drifters wedding report!

drifter, 1 of November of 2010 at 12:39 Posted on Planning 0 105

OK I suggest a cup of tea for this one it maybe long I am inlove with our professional photos.

Also i have no idea how to shrink them so I apologise in advance for the gaintness. I loved evey minuet of my day and want to show you that wet and windy weather can't spoil your day. So my hair got a bit toulsed and I didn't stay glamrous for long but I did get a rainbow what more can a girl want?

Week before the wedding

Mr Drifter and i returned home on Sunday night after our respective stag and hen weekends and got an early night in preparation for the pre wedding madness that was the next 4 days.

Monday was spent in a whirl wind of activity, making last minuet runs to the shops to get supplies so Mr Drifter could finally make table names and plans, and he did a wonderful job co ordinating the plan colours with the actual name cards for the table. Meanwhile I was busy gluing ribbon on order of services and cutting ribbon for place names! (I never wanted to see ribbon again after this!)

With hairdresser appointments and guests arriving from Oz it was a hetic few days ladies never trust anything will go as you plan. The thursday before the wedding saw one bridesmaid making a mad dash to Birmingham to view a flat meaning bridesmaid number 2 was stuck in Cheltenham (this is after both had tried on their dresses on way to train station as flat viewing BM had only tried her dress on for the first time the week before and we had no idea if the final dress was right luckily it was perfect).

So it was a quiet drink in the pub thursday night and an early night. I slept well till 2 in the morning then couldn't get back to sleep having woken up I had late night chats and Hot chocolate with my dad to help me get some more rest before the madness that was bridal preps began.

I was up at 6:30 and feeling the tirdness but a quick soack in the bath and a shaower and I was readdy to go at half seven when lovely hairdresser arrived. From here on in getting readdy was a blur and I have no idea how time passsed so fast,

Dads shirts were order of the day as standard getting readdy uniform! at this point we saw the first tears of the day as the bridesmaids whisked me away for a quiet moment with them my dad and step mum. they gave me lovely gifts for old new borrowed and blue, with borrrowed being my mums wedding ring that we sewed to my garter so she could be with me all day. Cue make up lady to the rescue !

hair and make up done it was time to get dressed first thing to master hide fromthe photographer

important note to brides do not answer the phone during bridal preps!

phone rings we ignore, until dad calls us to answer it. Sister answers "Hello we are getting ready for a wedding" person on other end of phone speaks

sister replies "well we are putting her in the dress right now I can't talk to you even with your lovely welsh accent" (cue yet more giggles)

(I love this photo it sums up our whole morning we just laughed and laughed, we made the make up lady and hairdresser laugh and the photogrpaher had the best giggle ever.)

Once bridesmaid number two was off the phone they decided brute forces was the way forward with the dress and earrings!

originall I had purchased some beautiful jewellery off lisaloulou @louloubelle designs but on the day was surprised with a necklace frome my maids and earing from OH.

dressed and readdy off I went for final touches to the hair downstairs

105 replies

Latest activity by LoveSka, 16 of June of 2013 at 10:35
  • RayeRaye84
    Beginner
    RayeRaye84 ·
    • Hide content

LOVING IT...MORE MORE MORE!! Smiley smile

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

I have been WAITING for this thread! Sterling job so far, drifter, can't wait to read the rest!

CB x

• D
    Beginner October 2010
    drifter ·
    • Hide content

Part Two

My lovely hair pre weatherr doing it's worst!

Another handy hint ensure you have a strong hairdresser and a chair veil attachment if you have thick hair just isn't glamrous!

and so we were readdy for the off wellies on umberellas up we headded for our stunning camper van!

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

What fantastic natural shots! I love them and they tell a story all by themselves.

• D
    Beginner October 2010
    drifter ·
    • Hide content

Have to do some work now will post more later!

• Houdini
    Beginner August 2010
    Houdini ·
    • Hide content

Drifter!!

You CANNOT do that to us!!

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

MORE!!!

• atlonglast
    Beginner November 2010
    atlonglast ·
    • Hide content

It all sounds and looksa amazing. I still think one of my fave shots is where your BM is on the phone, just so natural. xx

• Josiep00
    Beginner December 2010
    Josiep00 ·
    • Hide content

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!

• SarinaCain
    Beginner March 2011
    SarinaCain ·
    • Hide content

Absolutly loved this thread drifter!

Congratulations....crossing my fingers and hoping theres more

• D
    Beginner October 2010
    drifter ·
    • Hide content

Thankyou for all your kind comments, I can write more tomorrow if people want to read it!

• tinks269
    Beginner February 2011
    tinks269 ·
    • Hide content

Think i speak fro everyone when i say yes to more!! I was secretly reading it during lunch at school today. The photos are lovely and looks like you had such a fun, relaxed wonderful day.

• Fleur10
    Beginner June 2011
    Fleur10 ·
    • Hide content

Defo, we need more......

Great photos ?

• Houdini
    Beginner August 2010
    Houdini ·
    • Hide content

Please!!

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content

Your photos are gorgeous and I can't believe you're doing a two parter. I want tomorrow's post to be here now!!!!

• J
    Beginner November 2011
    JST ·
    • Hide content

Absolutely gorgeous, cannot wait to see the rest! You look like you are having such fun, your photographer has got some amazing shots.

MORE MORE MORE!

• TheNinjaPigeon
    Beginner January 2011
    TheNinjaPigeon ·
    • Hide content

What a tantalising report. Give us more. Love the photos! Everything is looking fab. X

• Purple Pixie
    Beginner July 2012
    Purple Pixie ·
    • Hide content

Sounds and looks like you had a fantastic day. Congratulations!

I really love your table plan idea!

• SarinaCain
    Beginner March 2011
    SarinaCain ·
    • Hide content

I woke up hoping the 3rd part would be here by now.

Wheres oh where is the next bits? [:'(]

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

Drifter!!! Where is the rest?!?!?! Was really enjoying that!!

Congratulations. You look stunning. The pictures are really very good, I'm not surprised you're in love with them.

• D
    Beginner October 2010
    drifter ·
    • Hide content

It would appear I have not bored you all silly yet so I shall continue! ( Afraid it will be in small chunkc due to adding photos and sneaking it on while at work)

So off we went in our van waved off by some former neighbours of my dads who I had grown up playing with! (I was so touched they had come to say hello)

Journey to the church was fab and we spent our time waving out the windows at whom ever was there.

We got to the church and were met by our army of well briefed well prepaired ushers! At this point I was extremly thankful for all 4 ushers and thir brolly handling skills!

yes it was true the ushers with their brollies showed us it was still raining although we still checked for ourselves before getting out the van!

A simple wedding fact it is impossible to descend gracefully from a camper van while trying to keep your immaculate wedding dress immaculate all I can say is I am glad I have known the ushers since I was a small child else the embaressment may have finshed us all off

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

These are my favourite photos ever, drifts! Great backside shot there too ?

• D
    Beginner October 2010
    drifter ·
    • Hide content

Thanks I was tempted to leave that out but hey this is the reality of getting married!

• SarinaCain
    Beginner March 2011
    SarinaCain ·
    • Hide content

Loving the update.....and realyrealy love that VW in red. Im getting ready at the venue or I'd be jumping up and down wanting it.

• bluewater
    Beginner August 2009
    bluewater ·
    • Hide content

Drifter these are just brilliant. and after all that indecision with your dress - i totally love it! and the flowers, your BM dresses, your transport etcetcetc... hurry up and post the rest and stop being a big fat tease! ?

• ruth23
    Beginner September 2011
    ruth23 ·
    • Hide content

OMG this is amazing. I hope my wedding is half as beautiful as yours! Smiley laugh

• D
    Beginner October 2010
    drifter ·
    • Hide content

Thankyou for your patience while you wait a floral interlude! (I loved my florist she was amazing flowers were very important to me and she exceeded my expectations)

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

I LOVE the arrival photos! They really made me chuckle. Brilliant. Also love the wellies! I have ordered some too and they arrived last week.

• D
    Beginner October 2010
    drifter ·
    • Hide content

My pew ends and my floral heart on the door of the church all pew ens and the heart were expertly moved from the church to the barn post wedding and beautifully arranged on the balcony by the ushers I was very very impressed with their artistic talent as they had no guidence from me apart from "put the heart about hear in the middle" said to super usher (thats what I call him in my head as he was amazing) the day before the wedding as he witnessed my one and only wedding paddy!

It's about time we had a glimpse of Mr Drifter so here is waiting with his 2 best men! I am told the smile sare due to playing deal or no deal with the rings and ring boxes!

Come on Mr Drifter it's a wedding lets be serious now!

Safe and dry in the church poarch (seats lined with clean bin bags (curtsey of ushers) so we could sit downs the brides maids sprung into action on their next task (not only had they dressed me put my earings in. Entertained me (sister had been channeling tina turner since wed. It is most diconcerting to hear her burst into Tina at any given moment poor photographer didn't know what to do with himself the first time). But now they had to change my shoes (no enviable task!)

Shoes done dresses fluffed we were readdy for the off, we waited to hear the first notes of the strings only version elbow one day like this, (cleverly edited by Mr Drifter as 6 min is too long for anyones entrance, and off the girls went a little earlier than planned, but by this point who's worried?

Dad and I were desperately trying to hold it together now as the tears threated to spill over we were off also little earlier than planned so we had pleanty of spare music to listen to when I arrrived at the alter but better that than not being able to see for crying. In a proud me and the girls moment we all managed to avoid the massive grates in the asile which whould have ended in comically disater if a heal had gone through the gaps!

The music was amazing and now I always think of that walk when I hear it.

The service was lovely with just two hymns and 2 readings it flew by, our second reading was "I like you" which we had edited and we were so happy to hear people laugh during it. My favourite part of the whole ceramony though was walking out of the church as man and wife while the bells were ringing it was amazing such a joyful sound if you have the option of bell ringers then go for it. We were really lucky our vicar allowed the photographer to take photographs during the service so we have some very special shots I won't bore you with them all have just popped a selection in the next post.

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

More more more!!!

This is amazing!!!

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

Am loving the flowers! (Very similar to the things I'd like!)

Are all your guests wearing buttonholes too? They look so pretty.

• D
    Beginner October 2010
    drifter ·
    • Hide content

Thank you ladies I am over come with all your nice words. ?

CB sadly we couldn't streatch to buttonholes for all the guests just the ushers the best men the two mums and my sister who was a witness and my friend who did a reading (basically everyone that had a job had a flower!! )

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics