Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
Beginner January 2012

Nail hardener recommendations

ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown, 9 of May of 2012 at 13:59 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 8

After years of biting, my nails are getting longer now and I want to keep them that way. My problem is they are very soft and bendy, which means they fold back if I catch them, or tear away.

I need some rock-hard nail hardener. I've tried pretty much everything in the Sally Hansen range. I've just been reading some really positive reviews about Opi Nail Envy.

Any recommendations? Am willing to spend to sort this.

8 replies

Latest activity by SunnyGoldCars89321, 30 of April of 2020 at 07:11
  • AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content

I have terribly weak nails that flakeand tear very easily. I've used Nail Envy and would recommend, but it isn't foolproof, ie my nails still managed to break. I think the discipline of putting stuff on nails helps you (me) to look after them better.

But I think it's worth a go.

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

Do you get an Avon catalogue? They do some pretty decent and cheap nail strengtheners in there. You can buy online too.

http://avonshop.co.uk/beauty/b/make-up/nail-experts.html

Nails Inc is my new favourite nail brand at the moment - I'm lucky enough to have pretty strong nails but this stuff looks good.

https://www.nailsinc.com/nailpolish/a-e-base-coat/223/

• Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content

I use one of the Nails inc A&E varnishes. my problem is peeling nails! grrr! https://www.nailsinc.com/nailpolish/weak-peeling-and-bendy-nails-treatment-pack/197/

Ive heard good things about Sally Hansen nail hardeners!

• stripeyrache
    Beginner February 2011
    stripeyrache ·
    • Hide content

The mothership uses Nail Envy and never shuts up about it! I think she gets it off of QVC too as its cheaper there.

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

My mum bought me Nail Magic a few years ago and it really worked but I am rubbish at remembering to use it!!

My nails are exactly like yours, soft and bendy!!

• N
    Beginner January 2008
    niche79 ·
    • Hide content

I cannot recommend Nail Envy enough, it is brilliant stuff.

I do my own gel overlays, and am pretty lucky that my nails are generally in good condition, however on the occasions where I am impatient and rip my gels off instead of soaking, thereby ruining my nails, I use Nail Envy for about 3/4 weeks and my nails are then usually in good condition again and back to a decent length. I recommend it to all of my friends and colleagues and always have a bottle in my handbag and around the house.

• cookiekat
    Beginner August 2012
    cookiekat ·
    • Hide content

Perfectil nail plus

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

OPI Nail Envy is fab.

• S
    SunnyGoldCars89321 ·
    • Hide content

If you have nails that break or split regularly, the best nail hardener is THE solution! Nail hardener with formaldehyde may be harmful to your health. Therefore, you need to avoid it. Here, I recommend you to check the best nail hardener without formaldehyde. Thanks.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics