Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Nicole
Beginner August 2023 Gloucestershire

Name Change

Nicole, 27 of March of 2023 at 22:02 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 1
Hi All,

Can someone advise on this, please? I’m going to take my FH’s last name but change my middle name to my maiden name. As I’m also changing forenames, it’s not as straightforward a process as just sending off the marriage certificate (also goodness me, why is everything so expensive?!). I know I have to change my name by deed poll, but I guess the question is:
1) Do I actually have to wait till the wedding’s happened to change my name (seeing as one can change their name via deed poll for no reason anyway)?
2) does it make a difference to updating my passport - i know I can only do this up to 3 months before the wedding normally, but if I change my name by deed poll, can I get an updated passport sooner?
Thanks I’m advance for any help! X

1 replies

Latest activity by Karen, 28 of March of 2023 at 08:49
  • K
    Curious March 2023 Wiltshire
    Karen ·
    • Hide content
    You can do a name change by deed poll at any time. Just bear in mind that, once done it is your new legal name so if done before the wedding that will be the name that has to be used during the ceremony for the impediments bit where you both say your full names. You may or may not want that. But it would all mean you can get your passport sooner etc.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics