Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tray1980
Beginner July 2013

National Wedding Show - NEC

Tray1980, 24 May, 2011 at 16:37 Posted on Planning 0 7

Is anyone else thinking of going to the NEC National Wedding Show in October? I'm considering going and taking my best friend (my OH would just complain ? about the walking around )

7 replies

Latest activity by *Nursey*, 24 May, 2011 at 17:19
  • Mrs P 2 B
    Beginner January 2012
    Mrs P 2 B ·
    • Hide content

I went last yr for a friend and i was shocked at how down hill it was.. there was nothing except wedding dresses.. nothing different. I hope its better this yr! My sister will most likely drag me to it!

• HayleyMay
    Beginner September 2012
    HayleyMay ·
    • Hide content

I'd like to go but have heard pretty bad reviews about it so am unsure.

• LittleMissP
    Beginner September 2012
    LittleMissP ·
    • Hide content

Hi, i wan't to go to the London one at the end of September. I'll be dragging my OH with me (i've tempted him by all the free wedding cake!)

Well, i'm going to a Classic Old Skool Ford show in June with him and some of his mates, so the wedding show is my pay back!?

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content

I have bad things to say but they will have to wait until after my wedding.

• a_white_izzy
    Beginner September 2011
    a_white_izzy ·
    • Hide content

I went to the one in March last year at the NEC and its ok. Its more about companies who you might use like stationary printers or cake decoraters etc rather than ideas for things like invitation ideas or cake decorating which is what I went for. Its nice to get you in the wedding mood though and you can get some bargins with dresses and percentages off for things booked on the day. I reckon its worth the £16 just to immerse yourself in weddings for the day! x

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content

Hi Tray

I went to the one in March at the NEC, and tbh I won't be rushing back! I was really excited when I booked the tickets for me and my mum, I thought it would be a really lovely girly day out! Nope... it was basically a lot of stalls all sellingt the same things. I guess if you need those things then maybe it is worth going along for as you can compare prices etc. There were a lot of tiara stalls, quite a few wedding dress stands, and loads and loads of togs. I had a friend who went to the vintage designer fair, she said that was a bit better- I might try that as its on in October I think.

• MonaLisaBrideToBe
    Beginner June 2012
    MonaLisaBrideToBe ·
    • Hide content

Me, My OH, MILB, and MOH went to the March NEC fair!

We all had a fantastic day and got some fantastic ideas!

We are going back in October me OH, his best man and his fiancé as they are getting married not long after us! I can't wait.

Wear comfy shoes, take change for parking and a bottle of water to drink as the queues are huge!

I would highly recommend it!

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content

I'd have to agree with the others - I went to the London one early this year and was so disheartened by it. I went to one a few years ago with my now-SIL and it was so much better. So not sure whether to try again or not

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics