Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Katrina
Dedicated February 2025 West Midlands

National Wedding Show nec Birmingham on Saturday

Katrina, 29 of February of 2024 at 11:36 Posted on Planning 0 12

Good Morning ladies,

Just to make you all aware on Saturday there is a National Wedding Show in Birmingham on Saturday. I am looking forward to attending me and my Mum will be going VIP Smiley smile looking forward to seeing what I will be getting in my goody bag. Are any of you ladies going there? Smiley smile hoping I can find myself a hairdresser.

12 replies

Latest activity by Katrina, 5 of March of 2024 at 21:12
  • S
    Dedicated July 2024 West Midlands
    SL WaltonJones ·
    • Hide content
    I went in September 2023. It was a nice day out but quite overwhelming! I definitely recommend the catwalk show. Have a good time!
  • Katrina
    Katrina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Why was it overwhelming? I guess all of the suppliers under one roof and everyone being like a sales person 🙄 I found that when I went to my 1st wedding fair last weekend in Telford x
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

The thing with the NEC one is that you will probably get lots of nationwide suppliers because its quite expensive to have a stand there and you may not find many small local - to you- suppliers.

• Katrina
    Katrina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I am going there for ideas and inspirationSmiley smile I like to stay local as well. We have most suppliers already so just looking forward to a nice day out!♡
  • S
    SL WaltonJones ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes exactly, a lot of things to look at out! But a firm no does the trick.
  • Katrina
    Katrina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Smiley smile I want faux flowers for my bouquet 💐 hoping I can find mine there. I am sure alot of companies there will offer it. Might be cheeky see if I can get a discount lol 😆. I can say this supplier offered this amount what can you do. I want to pay between £50-60 no more really.
  • Katrina
    Katrina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Indeed Smiley smile will let you know how it goes!
  • S
    SL WaltonJones ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    When I went in September there were a few faux flower companies. Hope you have a great time!
  • Katrina
    Katrina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I didn't see any faux flowers stalls :/ some companies said they could design one for me. I wanted something I could take away same day. I went to a local wedding fair last week Smiley smile I have two ladies who do faux bouquets. There prices both vary one cheaper than the other.

I enjoyed the show got lots of ideas currently was also looking at wedding stationery such as invites and signs. So many businesses doing the same thing some were offering discount off some vaild for 6 months to 1 month. I have a few booklets which will help when we are ready to order.
    We went VIP had a lovely glass of ProcessoSmiley smile and sat in the VIP area and went to the cat walk show got front row seats me and my Mum enjoyed ourselves. Bumped into my cousin I don't really talk to. She was like what are you doing here?! The cheek lol I was like I am engaged get wed next year. She has been engaged for years still not got a date. Hope she gets a date sorted ASAP. I just wished her well. She won't be coming to our wedding I hardly speak to her not seen her in a few years.
  • Katrina
    Katrina ·
    • Hide content

National Wedding Show nec Birmingham on Saturday 1
    A few of the goodies I received Smiley smile
  • S
    SL WaltonJones ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You picked up lots! I didn't go VIP but looks like it's worth it. Shame about the faux flowers, you'll get something, have a look on TikTok lots of inspo there. Very funny that you bumped into someone you know, typical! I think the shows are good for the experience but are not essential x
  • Katrina
    Katrina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I loved the bubbly 🍾 we got Smiley smile and the exclusive area we go to sit in beautiful decoration. If u do go again definitely go VIP. Also for the Cat walk seats are reserved for you so you get a good view. Everyone else had to queue for a seat we were allowed straight in about 10 mins before show time!=)

We have our photographer/videographer, got hair and make up as well. We have our entertainment for a few hours, also we are in the process of hiring out a company who can decorate our venue Smiley smile. We are having faux flowers decorations the venue already has alot of character so does not need much decoration. When I first saw the venue I feel in love ♡ we visited once and booked same day!
    Not sure what else I need? Of course we need invitations stationery etc. Not sure what other major suppliers we need. Have I missed something? We not having a typical wedding no first dance at all. We both have to left feet lol 😆 in the evening we having instruments being played Smiley smile then some pizza in evening 🙃 we just want people to mingle.
    We have to organise the music and playlists that will take a while. How's your wedding planning going? When ru getting married?xo

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics