Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner June 2013

National wedding show @ the NEC

MrsDibb2B, 27 February, 2012 at 19:22 Posted on Planning 0 10

Evening everyone ? I wondered if anyone was going to the NEC national wedding show in Birmingham in March? I wondered if it was worth going to and what the wedding dress stands where like? is there room to try them on and any idea what designers they stock?

10 replies

Latest activity by Fran @ Hitched, 31 January, 2013 at 23:29
  • Flamin Nora
    Beginner August 2013
    Flamin Nora ·
    • Hide content

I want to go simply for a nose around, but the ticket prices are a bit much and I have my dress. I have heard it can be really packed but think you can try dresses on.

• B
    Beginner August 2013
    Bee26 ·
    • Hide content

I went to the London one on friday there were two big areas with dresses and changing rooms and a few smaller stands where u had to put your name on a list to use the limited changing rooms. It was my first ever wedding show so I don't know how it compares to others but it wasn't as big as I expected an everything was a little bit samey. Still a nice day out though and I tried on some lovely dresses, berketex were doing 30% off theirs and some other designer dresses ha up to 50% off.

• M
    Beginner
    mad_laura87 ·
    • Hide content

Hey Smiley smile

I've been, it was fab! Lots of freebies, cheap dresses, nice day out. Parking is expensive and it gets very busy so get there early! I reccommend it purely for a nose at the local suppliers and the atmosphere Smiley smile x

• K
    Beginner April 2013
    Kadypants ·
    • Hide content

I was thinking of going, purely for a nosey and a day out with my mum. It would be my first wedding fayre of sorts. Im nowhere near ready to be buying anything, but thought it would be nice to get some ideas. It sounds like it will be good, even if it is a bit busy!

• J
    Beginner December 2013
    jenniferanntravis ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Just wanted to say yes im going! Me, 2 BM's, a friend who is getting married next year too and one of her BM's. So we are making a day of it, ive got ages yet (dec 2013) but want to get some ideas, and thought it would be a fun day out!?

J

XXX

• Katianne
    Beginner February 2014
    Katianne ·
    • Hide content

I am interested in going - I have found a voucher code for 20% off but it ends tonight so use it quickly - ENGLISH13

I'm just trying to decide which day to go...was thinking the Friday might be quieter so I could book the day off work, but then again as its the first day there might be a mad rush...?

• Katianne
    Beginner February 2014
    Katianne ·
    • Hide content

LOL just seen that there is another voucher code through Hitched too Smiley smile

• Jemima Renrut
    Beginner October 2013
    Jemima Renrut ·
    • Hide content

I went back in November. We made a girly day out of it. Was fab, lots of free stuff. OH wouldve been bored silly though! I got to try on quite a few dresses, the top top designer ones did need booking asap when you get there but the sale ones were good. Be prepared to share the chaging room with lots of other girls though they're communal. My friend bought her shoes. Definitely check out the suppliers that are going to be there and if you go knowing what you want you could pick up some bargains. be prepared!

• Embrace Bridal Boutique - Exclusively 16+
    Embrace Bridal Boutique - Exclusively 16+ ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I would recommend getting there early on Friday morning Katianne as from experience it is a lot quieter. It isnt quiet any stretch of the imagination but on a Friday you can at least get somewhere near the popular stands plus all the yummy giveaways will be plentiful and fresh!

There were 3 areas for bridal gowns at the October show, the "outlet" section, boutique section and designer so head for whichever area suits your budget. Be prepared for a bit of hustle and bustle in the outlet area as the gowns are going ridiculously cheap although remember they will be discontinued gowns, may be badly soiled so will need cleaning and you will still need alterations. Beading may have come lose, especially if they have been on the rail all weekend (another reason for going early Friday) and you may not be able to try on until youve actually paid for the dress. This can be a way of picking up a real bargain but there will be really good deals on most of the stands, although the designer area may not be as generous.

You should find all the major labels there, plus a few independant ones.

Finally wear comfortable shoes lol and head for the afternoon tea cafe early as they sell out of scones pretty quick!

• Katianne
    Beginner February 2014
    Katianne ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the advice! Have just booked my tickets for the Friday - will be the first time I will look at dresses(apart from gazing through the shop window on my lunch break LOL) Exciting!!!!

• Fran @ Hitched
    Beginner April 2012
    Fran @ Hitched ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The voucher code through hitched is HITCH13 - but you have to hurry because this offer ends at midnight tonight.

Here is the link if you'd like to buy tickets....http://tickets.nationalweddingshow.co.uk/hitched/

Fran x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics