Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner November 2015

Natural Confetti/petals

Laurae-j, 1 of September of 2015 at 16:23 Posted on Planning 0 10

Hi brides

Just a quick one - i had no idea there was so much choice with confetti, or how expensive it is! Does anyone know of a good supplier for dried petals/eco-friendly confetti - i want to be able to supply it for our guests to use as most people forget these days!

Thanks!

Laura

10 replies

Latest activity by Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon, 3 of September of 2015 at 11:41
  • S
    Beginner October 2015
    Stephie ·
    • Hide content

Our venue will only allow real rose petal confetti, I got ours from here:

http://www.confettidirect.co.uk/coloured_rose_petals.html

I only bought two pints of petals and a basket to hold them in for the pictures, think it came to £25/ish

• M
    Beginner June 2016
    MissRachael ·
    • Hide content

I am making it myself. I take the petals off flowers I have bought for the house (before they turn brown) then leave them to dry, or put them in a very low oven spread out on a tray. I am storing them in a box with some of those little silicone packs that you get in new handbags to keep them dry. I couldn't believe the prices either when I did some research

• charlie_rabbit01
    Dedicated June 2020
    charlie_rabbit01 ·
    • Hide content

I got mine from Shropshire petals. They have a calculator so you can work out how much you need and you can choose the colours personally for your mix.

• S
    Beginner October 2015
    stellarpebbles ·
    • Hide content

Just bought petal confetti from eBay, 6 litres for about £30, which will apparently be enough for between 60 and 72 guests. Think you can get good deals on biodegradable paper there as well.

• L
    Beginner November 2015
    Laurae-j ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone this is a massive help! MissRachel, when you made them how much confetti does each bunch of flowers make do you think?

• M
    Beginner June 2016
    MissRachael ·
    • Hide content

A bunch of roses from M&S filled an ice cream tub when they were dried. I'm not sure how much I will need, I'm going to make little cones so am thinking only a small handful to fill them. They don't have to be roses though, I am just using whatever flowers I buy anyway and not worrying too much about colours. You can get the cheap bunches from the reduced aisle if you don't have much time. I will probably end up doing this a bit more. Just make sure none of the petals have started to go brown. I'll also ask my bridesmaids to help out if I don't think I have enough and it gets closer to the time.

• N
    Beginner January 2016
    NoMoore ·
    • Hide content

I got ours from ebay... just under £10 for half a litre of lavender and a litre of rose petals. I'm going to make small cones to put it in, and either have the confetti in a basket or have the cones ready filled in a box so guests can grab it on their way outside. I am not supplying a huge amount as some guests may bring their own (i always forget to get any for weddings but we did mention it on the info sheet).

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Just a little observation on lavender, when it gos down your top it can be very itchy. I know this from experience and being in the thick of it whilst shooting the confetti throwing and getting it down my own neck !

• N
    Beginner January 2016
    NoMoore ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Luckily my dress isn't strapless Smiley smile I have the benita 'jacket' over the top so hopefully no lavender will get in!

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh it will get in allright - dont you worry about that !

Considering I wear a shirt and tie and it is not being directly thrown at me it still manages to get down somtimes.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics