Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner August 2012

natural curly hair styles please 25.08.2012

Anneka:), 16 February, 2012 at 16:58 Posted on Planning 0 24

Hi everyone, I haven't posted on here for a while now due to computer braking we now have a new 1,so ill be on here 24/7!!

I hope all my date twins are getting on well and of course all the other brides too.

I have now had 15 hair trials all in different hair salons and every one wants to put the loose curls in my hair and not work with my natural curls! now I do love the loose natural curls but I just don't look like me and I don't want to regret looking so different on my wedding day soooooo I want to keep my curls but it looks like I will be styling my hair myself has anyone got any ideas it will be greatly appreciated.

Below I found a picture online of my curls but I have light brown hair and im quite pale I think i am going to get a spray tan for the day ........Ive also brought a side tiara from glitzy secrets called

Romantic Sensation Side Tiara

the picture of the tiara would not work on here.

Thanks for your help

24 replies

Latest activity by tallgal, 24 February, 2012 at 20:36
  • L
    Beginner April 2012
    LEMBS8 ·
    • Hide content

I'm sort of in the same boat. My curls aren't as tight as yours but alot different from what the stylists always try to do with curling irons and brushes! I just had my hair trial and it did not go well! Luckily, she agreed to work with my natural curl. She plans to use a serum to give my curls more of a finished look. I'm struggling to decide what exactly to do but I've got it down to a few ideas. I really like these and I think could work for you even though again your curl will be a bit tighter.

• bexybexy
    Beginner June 2018
    bexybexy ·
    • Hide content

Im curly too..and bobbed....struggling to find somethin i like to suit my curls...but i have my trial next week...thinking about keeping it simple with my side comb and maybe a plait in the fringe....

• A
    Beginner August 2012
    Anneka:) ·
    • Hide content

Ahh another curly hair lady, its such a pain isnt it! I do love my curls because they are different and it is nice how many people come up to you and ask if they are natural and its lovely to say yes but its been hard to find a stylist that can do something or anything that i couldn't do. Its also quite a scary thought to think if i was to do my hair myself its all down to me on the morning and I don't no if I could handle that pressure!

I love the first pic, maybe have the front like hers but with my curl down the side.

Thank you

• A
    Beginner August 2012
    • Hide content

Hi bexybexy,

I think maybe that is something that I should consider, just to keep it simple and add my side tiara,I couldn't even get the tiara that I first wanted because most of my curls covered it up and the other ones the bridal shop were showing me that would sit above my curls I would feel like a prom queen in!

Im now at the point that i am saying to myself "isn't it enough me just in the wedding dress" but the other hand i am thinking will i feel like my hair is bridal enough if that makes sense at all?!

maybe i am just to fussy !

xx

• soon2bmrsRB
    Beginner May 2013
    soon2bmrsRB ·
    • Hide content

Im in the same boat i hve very curly hair too and seem to find a bridey enough look to suit my hair if that makes sence??

• A
    Beginner August 2012
    • Hide content

Hi soon2bmrsRB,

Yes I know exactly what you mean, may be we should just wear our curl's proudly ,how we normally have them on a day 2 day...............really I haven't got a clue .

I thinks this has been the most stressful and biggest problem that I have had yet, im not much of a make-up person it has always been my hair.

xx

• BridalButterfly2012
    Beginner June 2012
    BridalButterfly2012 ·
    • Hide content

I too have natural curls and wan to keep some form of curl element but more different and romantic than usual as i have curls pretty similar to yours and always wear my hair out so wanted to look a lil different. I have been downloading pics and set them as a mood board on my computer to see which one i am more drawn too and these are the short listed:-

my hairdresser is going to straighten it frst and then use ghd's.

• AmandaRoberts
    AmandaRoberts ·
    • Hide content

Hi Anneka,

I am a bridal hair and make-up artist and have often used bride's natural curls to create the desired look.

If you are lucky enough to have such lovely natural curls it would a be a shame to reform them.
    With the bride in this picture, I took individual sections of her hair and separated the curls with a defining gloss and shine spray, and then pinned it up for a half up half down look.
    She was very happy with the results.

This can be very tricky to do yourself as it's hard to reach around the back of your head. If you ask your stylist to do this, I'm sure they would be happy to. ?

• A
    Beginner August 2012
    • Hide content

Hi bridalbutterfly2012,

i do love the middle pic, a hair stylist straightened mine and used ghds but the curls dropped out after a while because it was to soft if that makes sense?!

I did think because of my natural curl that it would hold better but it didnt.

I hope it works for youx

• BridalButterfly2012
    Beginner June 2012
    BridalButterfly2012 ·
    • Hide content

AnnekaSmiley smile i haven't had my trials yet so it still may not hold in mine yet. I am having trials strting next month so i will know more then. I may end up with some sort of side do. I am adamant that i want if different to how i look everyday but not like too different than me naturally.

• A
    Beginner August 2012
    • Hide content

Hi Amanda,

Thank you for the thought and idea it was very kind,out of all the hair stylist that I have seen, no one has told me that I was lucky to have my curls so thank you,all they wanted to do is change them.

I don't suppose you live near Bury St Edmunds ?x

• A
    Beginner August 2012
    • Hide content

After your trials you will have to flash some pics...... ive put mine to the side I did like that and it works with my side tiara also it was out of my way!! If it is hot that would be a perfect hair style.

enjoy your trialsx

• AmandaRoberts
    AmandaRoberts ·
    • Hide content

Sorry Anneka, I don't, I'm based in London. ☹️

• BridalButterfly2012
    Beginner June 2012
    BridalButterfly2012 ·
    • Hide content

Aneeka Yeah i quite like the side hairstyle and it might be hot (wedding end of June) and i get really hit if my hair is out and down so may have to remember this and mention it in my trials. Yes i will post pics.

• A
    Beginner August 2012
    • Hide content

O what a shame Amanda thank you for the idea ill talk to my hair stylistx

• A
    Beginner August 2012
    • Hide content

Not long now BridalButterfly2012, ours is end of August so hopefully they will be too warm days for us, I will look out for your picsx

• cookiekat
    Beginner August 2012
    cookiekat ·
    • Hide content

No idea on hair but hellooooo date twin Smiley smile

• A
    Beginner August 2012
    • Hide content

Hi cookiekat (date twin)

Not long now Smiley smile how are your plans coming along?

what a great weekend to choose if I do say so myself Smiley smile hopefully the sun will be shining all over the ukx

• T
    Beginner December 2011
    tallgal ·
    • Hide content

I have curly hair and all I did with mine was tong it through for more defined curls and then added my tiara and veilSmiley smile

• A
    Beginner August 2012
    • Hide content

Wow what a beautiful dress you have, i have never used tongs in my hair, I know my sister has a pair so I might give it a go and see what happens.

Thanks for the ideax

• T
    Beginner December 2011
    tallgal ·
    • Hide content

Honestly, you will wish you could do it like that everyday! Wait until your hair is as dry as possible and tong it- I use quite fine tongs and alternate with thicker ones.

• A
    Beginner August 2012
    • Hide content

I will be seeing my sister Sunday so I will give it a go then and let you know the result,thankux

• T
    Beginner December 2011
    tallgal ·
    • Hide content

How did you get on Anneka?

• A
    Beginner August 2012
    • Hide content

Hi tallgal, ahh thanks for asking I did try the tongs but it didn't look much different from my own hair, thank u for the idea it was worth a try. so I've been looking at pictures and I think I might get the hair dressers to plat one side going around the back and then have my curls going down the side if this makes sense? I will flash as soon as I find a good hair dresser!x

• T
    Beginner December 2011
    tallgal ·
    • Hide content

Sounds fab

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics