Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Natural light alarm clocks

11 October, 2012 at 19:39 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 15

I detest this time of year and am going to ask for one of those alarm clocks that wakes you up with 'natural' light for my birthday. Does anyone have any recommendations?

15 replies

Latest activity by RebTheEck, 12 October, 2012 at 13:47
  • *Eclair*
    Beginner August 2012
    *Eclair* ·
    • Hide content

Ooh I want one of these too! As an alternative in the meantime, do you have an iphone? The sleep cycle app is quite good as it tracks your cycle and wakes you up at the best time in a half an hour window. I've been borrowing H's phone to use it for over a month and I really do think I've been waking up happier and more alert.

• DaffyB
    Beginner June 2012
    DaffyB ·
    • Hide content

I have one of these. I do think it helps me. I often wake up before the actual alarm goes off which is much nicer.

I tried the philips one first and found that it had a constant low level buzzing which meant that hubby couldn't sleep, (I'm quite a deep sleeper but he isn't and is very sensitive to noise)

The one I have now is the lumie, it doesn't make a noise other than the alarm. The only problem is it does seem to lose it's settings after a while ie the light is suposed to come on 15 mins before the alarm but after it's been going for a while it starts coming on 30 mins before. If I unplug it and reset it it goes back to normal. Not sure why it does this or if it is a common problem.

• *Bea*
    Beginner October 2011
    *Bea* ·
    • Hide content

I've got the Phillips one it starts to get light about 30 minutes before alarm and you can have all different types including natural alarm. I find it really helps and I'm rubbish in the morning.

• spikeygoodness
    Beginner
    spikeygoodness ·
    • Hide content

I've got a Philips one too, I don't find it buzzes (though H's alarm clock does and it's irritating.) I love love love the clock, I hate waking up and for me it makes a huge difference.

• *Bea*
    Beginner October 2011
    *Bea* ·
    • Hide content

Yeah I can't say I have noticed a buzz at all , I will listen out for it now though.

• *Bea*
    Beginner October 2011
    *Bea* ·
    • Hide content

I've had mine a little while so not sure if its been updated. I think it's this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B002BA5FB6 I'm not at home so can't check model number tonight.

When googling I noticed there is a new one though not sure what that's like http://m.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10001_10001_324007002780MISC?CMP=OTC-GOOGLEPS&tmcampid=28&tmad=c&m-redir=dotcom

• *Bea*
    Beginner October 2011
    *Bea* ·
    • Hide content

Think post went a bit wonky then am in iPhone. Give me a shout tommorow and I can check model number for you.

• DaffyB
    Beginner June 2012
    DaffyB ·
    • Hide content

This is the one I tried frist:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001P81T9W/?tag=digitpedia-21

in the reviews other people have mentioned the buzzing/humming too.

And this is the one I have now:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000WE54B4/tenuouslinks-21

There seem to be some reviews about this one buzzing too but mine definitly doesn't.

• spikeygoodness
    Beginner
    spikeygoodness ·
    • Hide content

I can't seem to post a link from my iPad today without it running off the screen. Mine doesn't look to be on sale any more, I think the closest looks like the Philips HF3485.

• far2calm
    Beginner May 2012
    far2calm ·
    • Hide content

My mam swears by it, one of the best things she has bought, she reckons it has made a massive difference. I'm thinking about gettin one, living out in the sticks there is no traffic, street light, neighbours, basically anything at 5.50am to disturb me!!!

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

Tried out a sleep cycle app last night and got the best nights sleep in a long time

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

I have been looking into getting one of these and think I will go for this one:

/lumie-bodyclock-go-75-wake-up-to-daylight-light/p**** / https://www.lumie.com/products/bodyclock-go-75

the Lumie Bodyclock Go... seems to have the 'right' number of features for me, e.g. I don't need the radio functions but I do like the idea of being able to adjust the period of time the light comes on and gets brighter. I also like the idea of being able to use it as a dim bedside lamp, for when the baby wakes in the night and I need to see but don't want to use the 'big' light.

• RebTheEck
    Beginner August 2013
    RebTheEck ·
    • Hide content

I've had a couple of Lumie ones other the years and they are great. Don't currently have one but considering getting another one - OH is having problems sleeping which is affecting me.

will also investigate the app too

I've also got a sad lamp which I dug out the back of the wardrobe not used it for a couple of years but found it immensely helpful

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics