Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rod
Beginner

Navy / Midnight Blue Colour Scheme Tips

Rod, 13 October, 2010 at 12:20 Posted on Planning 0 25

Hi all,

I am having a navy / Midnight blue colour scheme with White or Ivory - dependant on my dress. do you think I need another colour in there? Mayube silvery blue? Or can i just have the two? I want it to look elegant and relaxed - any colours i do have will be quite muted, not too bright because its an autumn wedding - any ideas you can throw at me (including any pics) would be greatly appreciated!!

thanks xxx

25 replies

Latest activity by Rod, 14 October, 2010 at 14:37
  • teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

Those were my colours!

silver is the best mix and the only silver was the jewellery.........

my invites were cream and blue, the ties were midnight blue, the bridesmaids were midnight blue, blue ink on the OOS, and the table plan was ivory and blue....

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

You could use green by adding it to the flowers etc:

Navy with other shades of Blue:

• Inspire Me Designs
    Inspire Me Designs ·
    • Hide content

Can't go wrong with a touch of silver or a hint of pink!

Would look amazing.

I love the striking colours. I hade Royal Blue in my Wedding and it really looked fab on the photos.

Nat

• A
    Beginner August 2011
    amythest76 ·
    • Hide content

i found this today and thought it was lovely! how funny that i then read your post!

• bygeorge
    bygeorge ·
    • Hide content

One of my favourite combinations; so fresh and a bit different. This was my daughter being a flowergirl this time last year...

The flowers were beautiful; ivory roses, dark blue delphiniums, agapanthus and rosemary with eucalyptus.

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

This is one of my customers who had navy, hot pink, bright blue and purple:-

• kirstycat
    Beginner April 2011
    kirstycat ·
    • Hide content

I'm having midnight blue bridesmaid dresses too and my sisters are wearing these silvery grey capes over their dresses. They are choosing their own shoes and one is going for silver sandals and one is having blue. My invitations have got one navy and one silver heart on them and I've bought them silver jewellery too.

• Tina Teaspoon
    Beginner May 2011
    Tina Teaspoon ·
    • Hide content

We are having mid/ dark blue as our main colour, but will be mixing it with dark pink, purples and a little bit of green to lift it alland stop it looking too formal. Originally we were going to have midnight blue and silver but we had a bit of a rethink in terms of overall style since then!

• charlottelucy
    Beginner August 2012
    charlottelucy ·
    • Hide content

When my OH and I started talking about colour schemes, he really wanted navy blue and white (hes a spurs fan!) which i was completely against as its a summer wedding and wanted a bright tealy blue instead. I have to say over the past couple of weeks whilst looking at bridesmaids dresses the navy is stunning and one of my bridesmaids is agreeing with OH that it would be lovely. Seeing all these pics is changing my mind Smiley winking I will add in a bit of tealy blue I think though just to take it away from the football strip colours haha

• G
    Beginner February 2011
    goody51 ·
    • Hide content

Snap! This is our colour theme too. We've got navy and silver but then using some icy blue too. I love the idea of bright pink flowers and can't wait to speak to the florist on Sunday to get her ideas.

• Liverbird
    Beginner August 2012
    Liverbird ·
    • Hide content

Another navy fan here! We're teaming it with dusky pink and a hint of light gold (my dress is light gold), but the pink will be mostly in the flowers.

• M
    Beginner September 2011
    Marylou-lou ·
    • Hide content

This is sweet ..

• KEBO Jewellery
    KEBO Jewellery ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love that pic!!!

My friend had her BMs in Navy and all the flowers were hot pink and it looked lovely! I really like navy for weddings, I think it looks very chic!

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

Allgold is having navy bridesmaid dresses and I've made their jewellery which used navy and sparkly crystals. Maybe Allgold will pop in with what others colours she might be using.

I'm loving the hot pink colours but not sure that would suit an autumn wedding.

My bm dress was silvery blue, kilts were blue and their cravats were silver but I didn't want anything too co-ordinated so blue didn't feature anywhere else apart from on the ribbon on my bms bouquet.

• wee-lou
    Beginner June 2011
    wee-lou ·
    • Hide content

Im having Midnight blue, ivory and silver. Im hoping it will look elegant and classy?

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think that sounds lovely and I prefer colour schemes which aren't too obvious/bright. It's nice to see really bright colours in other peoples weddings photographs but mainly because I wouldn't have had it for my own day!

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Some Navy Blue & Silver ideas

• grace85
    Beginner February 2011
    grace85 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I had the exact same thing with my OH. He's a spurs boy too. So we've settled on a light blue instead.

BUT i do have to have a chirpy on the cake in return, lol.

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

Well what about if I had white ivory and navy blue? white and ivory can look lovely together - then H2b can have the navy suit, white shirt and ivory tie/cravat thing - BM's can be in navy blue dreses with ivory and white flowers and whatever dress i wear can match!

then i could have ivory bows on white chair covers, with accents of navy through the room in the reception - some navy and clear table crystals, navy and ivory favour boxes.....?

Silver jewellry but no in your face silver....?

• charlottelucy
    Beginner August 2012
    charlottelucy ·
    • Hide content

Ohh i agreed he could have a spurs cake topper, where did u get yours from x

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Sounds perfect & just what one of my Brides had this year. I'll try & get some pics for you. White & Ivory do go together despite what a lot of people think, I have used it lots.

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

I'm sold

thanks for the pic Sherrie i love it it looks elegant and still relaxed..perfecto!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics