Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner July 2015

Nebie Here! Cheshire Help!! Colshaw Hall anyone??

stephers01, 9 of February of 2014 at 20:18 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hi everyone. (big wave)

we we have looked at quite a few venues now in around Cheshire. We want a venue within 20 miles of our house and currently like Colshaw Hall. We've not looked round yet but hopefully I will get to this week. I'm really excited by it but fear it maybe out of our budget.

has anyone been? What did u think? Do u know a rough price?

Just read a post about someone else looking for venues in Liverpool or Cheshire but only one mention of Colshaw hall but no info. Didn't want to ask a repeat question.

Really look forward ward to hearing from someone. Anyone.....................

xxxxxxxxx

8 replies

Latest activity by stephers01, 10 of February of 2014 at 20:05
  • K
    Beginner April 2014
    Katty1234 ·
    • Hide content

Hi there!

how exciting looking for venues! I'm another bride and I looked at coleshaw hall! It is absolutely gorgeous. One of the reasons that we had to rule out was because we wanted the actual ceremony at the venue as well as the reception and at the time when we wanted to book somewhere the actual ceremony room wasn't built and so we obviously didn't want to boom somewhere that we couldn't see. But seeing the standard of the rest of the building (we looked at the newish peel suite) I'm sure it would be lovely.

it definitely wasn't cheap but I guess it depends on what your budget is...have you got anything in mind? X

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

No help with venue etc sorry but hello & welcome ?

• S
    Beginner July 2015
    stephers01 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Katty1234 x

do u remember and would u mind saying what the cost was at Colshaw Hall? i think its going to be out of our league :-(

Where did u end up booking for ur big day?

Ive looked at 4 venues now and only one i have liked but its room is upstiats and there arent any gardens to enjoy should it be a nice day, this is really getting to me now even thouigh we have provisonally booked it xxx

• B
    Beginner June 2015
    Brooksy ·
    • Hide content

Hi there!

I looked at colshaw hall and it was beautiful, just not really what we were looking for in the end as the style was a bit too traditional for what I was picturing, but it was gorgeous. I would say that I found the staff to be a bit slow and had to ask about 3 times for them to email me details/quote and booking a visit was a bit like pulling teeth, but when we actually got there, very friendly.

The quote that they sent to us for 70 day and 100 night guests was around £5000 for venue hire and then everything else was extra. I didnt go into too much detail after that as had already decided on another venue.

Hope this helps!! Good luck with your venue hunt! Xx

• S
    Beginner July 2015
    stephers01 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Brooksy

I knew it was going to be too much. £5000 just for venue hore is too much, bugger!

Where did u end up choosing? I really want somewhere quite light and airy but with the possability of outdoor space right outsude the room weather permitting x

• LoveHimMegaMuch
    Beginner August 2014
    LoveHimMegaMuch ·
    • Hide content

I'm from nowhere near where you're looking but thought I'd drop by to say Hello and Welcome to Hitched x

• B
    Beginner May 2014
    beckl90 ·
    • Hide content

Hi I'm also new to the forum Smiley smile and getting married in 4 weeks at the fir grove hotel in warrington Cheshire Smiley smile it has a lovely outdoor courtyard, they can even perform the ceremony out there weather permitting. We looked at loads of places and as soon as we stepped inside I fell in love with the place Smiley smile hope you find your perfect venue xx

• K
    Beginner April 2014
    Katty1234 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Stephsy

From memory I think our quote was similar to brooksys - i.e around 5/6k for the venue hire and then the food etc on top which obviously is a few k more.

Although maybe you could ring up and find out a bit more or see if they have some more info they could send you as they may have special packages or cheaper rates if you were prepared to get married on a weekday/sunday for example? Then you can know for sure if its somewhere you have to rule out. There are loads of lovely venues in Cheshire though - where else have you looked? xxx

• S
    Beginner July 2015
    stephers01 ·
    • Hide content

Hi everyone and thanks for the warm welcome x

Ive been to Colshaw Hall, its beautiful but not for us. I think its very strange as it isnt used for anything but weddings so there is no guest around and no atmosphere. And it would also be strange staying over as it feels like u would be intruding in their home.Its also very far out in my oppinion.

So the search continues............................

By the way yes it is about £6000 just to hire the place and then food ontop u are looking at about £10000. The bridal suit is £240 on its own!

I have already looked at:-

The Cottons Knutsford

Worsley Marriot

Cheadle House

Airport mariot

Was going to look at Davenport Green Hall but it has some bad reviews of wedding days being ruined so dont want to risk it.

I deffinitely know I want to find somewhere with a room that backs out onto a patio, lawn or decking :-)

Any suggestions anyone. In Cheshire??? xxxxx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics