Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner

Need a DIY Wedding venue in Oxfordshire- Help!

caralouisa, 3 December, 2012 at 16:13 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hello everyone! Me and my fiance are looking to get married in Oxfordshire around September time. Our dream venue would be a large house in the countryside that we could hire exclusively to accomodate my family for the weekend with a barn or marquee for the reception. The main things I want is a blank canvas to decorate as we please, hire whatever caterers we please (hog roast of buffet) and I would LOVE to have somewhere with no curfew! It doesn't need a marriage licence we just need it for the reception, and our guest list for the reception is looking at around the 150 mark...I'm beginning to think this kind of place doesn't exist... if anyone knows of anywhere I would love to hear from you! We both live in Surrey so don't know Oxfordshire THAT well. Thanks! Cara & Robbie

1 replies

Latest activity by Rhys Parker, 19 December, 2012 at 23:31
  • kimdj86
    Beginner March 2013
    kimdj86 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

Don't know if you are still looking but...

although its not oxfordshire I know a place in Buckinghamshire that is pretty good, Dodmoor house, it a large barn conversion that you can hire all your own suppliers for, there is only one room on site but they do have deals with two local hotels that arrange transport for your guests included in teh price of the room. The venue is lovely and the couple who run it are amazing. I would recomend seeing teh venue as the photos just don't show how stunning it is:

http://www.dodmoorhouse.co.uk/

• Rhys Parker
    Rhys Parker ·
    • Hide content

I'm shooting a wedding here next year, which should fit the bill.

http://www.caswellhouse.co.uk/

Also Cornbury Estate in Charlbury might be an option. It's based in a dear park. You may be able to incorporate some aspects of the house (should be restored by then), but also it would work well if you just used some fancy Marquee (love the giant teepee or vintage styles).

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics