Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

need a wee rant I think, A bit long, sorry

30 of March of 2015 at 15:06 Posted on Planning 0 11

Im not expecting any replies, but I need somewhere to vent a bit, loads going on just now, some good some not so good.

Just found out that there may be a very good chance my OH may lose his job, along with my step son to be (they work in the same factory), Wont know for sure for a few days/weeks. My own son has just been paid off from his job too, so job hunting is on the cards for him. Thank fully my daughter and step daughter to be are still working/at school. Fingers crossed.

Im a bit nervous, as for various reasons I havent invited my dad/step mum and half brother and sister to our wedding, and Im waiting on the backlash from that :-(

Im also getting questioned about inviting, other people, ie boyfriends/girlfriends etc and although we said no to extras through the day, but they can come in the evening, my OH had apparently told my niece she could bring him (on a drunken evening I think !!) And when I phoned him to ask about it I was basically snipped at (because he is worrying and trying to sort his job, understandably) and told to back off with the wedding. Now I completely understand his worry as Im worried too, and I tried not to get upset about his comment, but I cant help it.

Yesterday I went to my mums to pick up my shoes so I can try break them in. I was very careful not to let OH see them, but my mum apparently let slip that you wont be able to see them anyway. So now OH knows I have a long dress. I tried very hard to keep it secret from him. I know he doesnt know exactly what its like but im so annoyed. I cant say anything to mum as I dont think she realised what she said. He didnt tell me until we got home.

Sorry for the rant, there is plenty more but im holding that in for now.

Hope everyone else is doing well, xx

11 replies

Latest activity by halloweeny, 30 of March of 2015 at 17:11
  • A
    Beginner March 2015
    Ash953 ·
    • Hide content

I completely understand how stressful your situation is. My best advice is that you and your partner are gentle with each other.

I know it's little comfort, but it is fantastic that you can see what this stress is doing to you and your partner. Most people go about oblivious to this, but it is so stressful and takes its toll even if it's subconscious anxiety.

• pink & glitz
    Beginner August 2014
    pink & glitz ·
    • Hide content

Hi Junie.

I think your fiance main concern at the moment will be his job, he must be under so much pressure and worry that I am guessing the wedding will be coming second to him at the moment. Could you maybe start helping him to put a CV together in case the worst happens?

Why are you not inviting your step family? If people are not happy then tell then your paying, it's your day and you obviously have reasons for it.

As for your mum, mine did the same and let slip that I was having a veil and I was so upset. Your OH wont know what style of dress you have gone for so I wouldn't worry that he knows it's a long dress as most are!!

Hope all works out well x

• Daisy Bell
    Beginner August 2015
    Daisy Bell ·
    • Hide content

Wedding planning can be very stressful and having to worry about your and your loved ones' financial security is horrible. I hope they will both be okay and get to keep their jobs, and if not, find a new one quickly.

Regarding the dress, I am replying specifically as my OH and I had a disagreement about that this past weekend. He wants the dress to be as surprise. I do too, but I don't mind if he knows the style (elegant) or colour (ivory), because it actually makes things difficult to plan when he suggests things that do not go at all with my dress.

Anyway, on Saturday, he got cross with me because I left the wardrobe door that the dress is in a bit open. Now my wedding dress is packed away, even if he had a proper look he would only be able to gather that it's a long white or white-ish dress (which there is a good chance of that anyway what with it being a wedding dress). Personally, I think it's ridiculous, I'm not showing him the actual dress but if we end up having arguments about how I left the wardrobe door a little bit open, I don't think it's worth it, I don't want any bitter feelings about my wedding dress.

I think what I'm trying to say is relax, your OH may know that your dress is floor length but most wedding dresses are. He actually doesn't know anything about the dress at all. So I would just try to let that one go.

• halloweeny
    Beginner October 2013
    halloweeny ·
    • Hide content

Sending lots of vibes on the job front! i hope you'll have some more positive news on that front soon.

I'm sure your OH is just worried which is why he snapped at you. Just explain to the person who is asking for a plus one that you can't afford it especially with your OH's job situation.

Don't worry about your dress. You could make out it was a bluff? I think i let something slip about my dress and was then really worried i'd ruined it. My OH forgot about the comment within a week.

• halloweeny
    Beginner October 2013
    halloweeny ·
    • Hide content

Oh and i'm sorry to hear about your dad. That's a real shame! Why are you expecting a backlash if he's not been in touch with you anyway?

• pink & glitz
    Beginner August 2014
    pink & glitz ·
    • Hide content

No junie you don't sound like a b#### as we all have reasons for not being in touch with people...concentrate on the people who do care x

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Aww, sweetie, it's awful when it feels like its all happening at once.

In the last few years myself, my dad, and most recently my mum have all been made redundant. We're all ok, it's not the end of the world but I know it can be very stressful, and worse when you have a wedding coming up. Try and cut your OH some slack, but do explain to him that the world can't stop, and the wedding will still be going ahead so you can't bury your head in the sand.

As for the accidental letting slip, my mum and bridesmaid let slip in a conversation that I was having a veil! I could have killed them at the time, but now I can't even remember who said it first. I Would guess that your OH had figured your dress would be long anyway, they almost all are, so not a big slip.

As for your dad and gang, that is a choice only you should make. If you're happy with your decision, who cares what the backlash is.

Rant away if you need to, it's no good to bottle it all up, even if you only let it out to us!

• halloweeny
    Beginner October 2013
    halloweeny ·
    • Hide content

I hope it won't be as bad as you think now and they'll expect your wishes.

• halloweeny
    Beginner October 2013
    halloweeny ·
    • Hide content

Respect.... grrrr!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics