Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mrs C
Beginner March 2011

Need help with shoes! *update - decision made*

Mrs C, 3 May, 2010 at 18:14 Posted on Planning 0 15

Well, these are the shoes I wanted from Mooxee.com but after a bit of digging to check if they were too goo to be true it turns out they are fake, and £230 is a lot to spend on fake shoes!

So I think I am going to "do a Moonpig" (!) and bling up my own shoes but I am struggling with the colour combination!

Do I get ivory shoes and clear diamantes or blue diamantes or blue shoes with blue diamantes or clear diamantes?

I was thinking about having a mixture of sizes for the crystals too... mostly up the heel and then spacing out as they come down the shoe to the front?

15 replies

Latest activity by Han85, 6 May, 2010 at 20:29
  • teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

Http://www.like.co.uk/turquoise-shoes.htm

http://www.like.co.uk/blue-shoes.htm

maybe you'll find something there? xx newlook used to do sparkley shoes...prolly near xmas time right enuff...

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
  • Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Teehee... will check those out.

Which combination should I try to make?

Ivory shoes with blue diamantes?

Ivory shoes with clear diamantes?

Blue shoes with blue diamantes?

Blue shoes with clear diamantes?

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

If you look at those sites, you might not need to make them! but if you do then clear on ivory or blue on blue..... goodluck!

• Jumbly Girl
    Beginner May 2010
    Jumbly Girl ·
    • Hide content

Mrs C - Karen Millen did blue crystal shoes that were super comfy and very pretty about four months ago. No idea if they are still in store, but there were a ton on Ebay last time I looked (about four months ago). Might be worth a look?

• Mel B
    Beginner
    Mel B ·
    • Hide content

Woah good luck with that mammoth task.....but those shoes are sooooo purdy!!! I'd go with clear on ivory or blue on blue too.

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I know - they were my inspiration! But... I spoke to the merchandising team at Karen Millen and they don't do them anymore and no plans to do anything similar...

Found them on ASOS but only size 7 left (I am a 6!) and they also have no plans to restock!

I have the search saved on ebay but no joy yet!

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

Right I have been on a mission today and found some turquoise shoes... and some turquoise diamantes in various sizes...

I have had to put links as pictures not showing up for the shoes...

Asos £40... reduced from £93 although not sure patent will work...

http://www.asos.com/countryid/1/Ash/Ash-Turquoise-High-Heel-Slingback/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=645324&MID=35718&affid=2134&siteID=0RpXOIXA500-4_zrz1DqWZx_5Bkkrr3e6A

Great Gifts £18... hmmm.

http://www.greatgiftsetc.co.uk/womens-ladies-teal-turquoise-satin-wedding-court-shoes-p-16260.html

Ravel £65 - perfect colour!

http://www.shoes.co.uk/Womens/Ravel/High-Heels/Ella_RLS140-646700301/Blue/?source=googlebase

Ebay £40 - too pale?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170353509523&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I want to put the diamantes on in various sizes like this but spread further out towards the front....

• Rubyred
    Beginner
    Rubyred ·
    • Hide content

Hi good luck with this!

i love the Ravel ones but the ones on ebay that you say are too pale wont look that way when covered in gems.

I gem my daughters and here partners dance costumes and to say its hard going is an understatment and very expensive.

I'm sure they will look super stunning when complete x

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

Please don't worry - I am definitely not underestimating how long it will take me! I have 10 months to go and I'm starting now!

I made a decision and have ordered the ravel ones, should be here tomorrow, will flash when I can! Hopefully the colour will be right. Have also ordered some gemstone samples to make sure they go... will then make a start!!!

Beginner September 2010
    33charlie ·
    • Hide content

Hi i want to do my shoes as it costs too much to pay someone to do it ,do you know where i can get the stones and how you glue them on

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am followng in Moonpigs shoes... she got hers from ebay (search for hotfix rhinestones or diamantes, just make sure they are the flat backed ones) and stuck them on with superglue!!!

I will need to use tweezers and do it slowly or I will make a horrible mess!!!

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

Fab!! ? Good luck! Start with the heels and platform in case you get bored ?

Did you order them from shoes.co.uk? They've got some brown ones I want (there are zero brown shoes in the shops!)

• Jumbly Girl
    Beginner May 2010
    Jumbly Girl ·
    • Hide content

Hooray! Good decision.

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I will do!

Yes I did, hopefully they'll arrive tomorrow, I'll let you know how I get on. All their policies seemed to be ok though, returns and what not...

• H
    Beginner December 2010
    Han85 ·
    • Hide content

Ooh keep us updated. I have been umming and arrghing whether to do this myself or try and find some glitzy shoes.

Im not the most patient or creative. But all you hitchers are inspiring me :-)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics