Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner November 2013

need ideas for centrepieces for an evening reception

cath4512, 4 of August of 2013 at 10:01 Posted on Planning 0 9

I'm getting married in Jamaica in November & just the two of us are going. We are having an evening reception on our return. We are having a luxury buffet, speaches, & seating plans to make it a bit more formal.

Our colours are white & hot pink ( not usual winter colours I know, but it seems to fit with Jamaica). we have spent a fortune on the weddingmoon ( having a butler etc) so dont want to spend a massive amount on tables etc, but done want it to look cheap.

Any idaes for centrepieces girls? I am quite good at making things if I have the idea given to me. We will have 8 tables & I want to spend no more than * per table is possible.

Help please Smiley smile

9 replies

Latest activity by cath4512, 6 of August of 2013 at 20:23
  • overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

How about filling a glass vase with hot pink beads/gel/sand/organza and then have a tropical fruit display on top rather than flowers as this would fit nicely with your theme.

• alyj66
    VIP August 2014
    alyj66 ·
    • Hide content

I like this one!

• C
    Beginner November 2013
    cath4512 ·
    • Hide content

I have thought about the tropical fruit, but to get enough to look good for all the tables I think it will be expensive as I have the bowls to buy as well. Will probably end up spending more to be honest. We have the money to spend more, but as we have spent so much already I thought I could cut back on this area. Hmm, maybe not lol xx

Keep the ideas coming though Smiley smile

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

I always think candles can look elegant and can be a good budget option. You could just have hot pink tea lights/tea light holders

or pink sweets ior sweetie tree which could double up as favours

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

How about a centre candle plate with three coloured pillar candles on it? You can pick up mirror plates from places like The Range or Dunelm Mill, and I've seen candles in Asda that come in packs of three acending sizes. They come in hot pink - you could get some packs of white, some hot pink and maybe another colour (lime green?) and then do one candle of each colour?

• C
    Beginner November 2013
    cath4512 ·
    • Hide content

I love the canle idea & may just go with that. I like the lime green thought as well....it would look very tropical. Thanks girls xx

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

Oooh do I win again?!

• C
    Beginner November 2013
    cath4512 ·
    • Hide content

Lol, guess you do Smiley smile x

• L
    Lemon Violet ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Why not have orchids in a fish bowl or bright Gerberas.

Lynne

• C
    Beginner November 2013
    cath4512 ·
    • Hide content

Might be expensive by the time you have bought fish bowl, mirror to place it on & the fresh flowers. I am pricing up this weekend so will make a decision then. Will probs end up spending more tbh. Thanks for the help girls x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics