Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

NikiST
Beginner July 2011

Need inspiration.. ceremony chair name tags?

NikiST, 25 June, 2011 at 21:21 Posted on Planning 0 14

We're having covered and sashed banqueting chairs for our ceremony.. need to think of a way I can tie or hang a name card or tag onto it to reserve the seat for MOH, MOG, MOB, etc. Does that make sense? I need inspiration? Anyone got any pics to flash me? Going to make my own but I'm stumped.

14 replies

Latest activity by amanite, 26 June, 2011 at 10:44
  • Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

Surely you can just tie the tags to the sash? Apologies if that's not what you meant!

• Buzzee
    Beginner January 2012
    Buzzee ·
    • Hide content

HI!

It might be better to just put a nicely designed postcard style piece of card on the seat of the chair? That way people have to pick it up to read it so no chance of them missing it and sitting there by mistake. (Which they may do if it;s hung on the back of the chair)

x

• Allgold78
    Beginner October 2011
    Allgold78 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That was going to be my suggestion too. If it's on the seat of the chair they can't miss it ?

• NikiST
    Beginner July 2011
    NikiST ·
    • Hide content

The sash is quite thick and it'll be hooded so nothing can really be hung from it.

Also, as the ceremony is outside, I really have to attach the sign to the chair somehow as it may blow off otherwise if it's a bit windy.

• NikiST
    Beginner July 2011
    NikiST ·
    • Hide content

I meant wide, not thick. I think I might just have them on the seats and use heavy card and hope they don't fall off!

• Buzzee
    Beginner January 2012
    Buzzee ·
    • Hide content

You could use something as a paper weight - maybe a single rose?! might get a but expensive though!

• NikiST
    Beginner July 2011
    NikiST ·
    • Hide content

Or a pretty looking pebble?

• Buzzee
    Beginner January 2012
    Buzzee ·
    • Hide content

Pebble would be nice! I have seen people use them as name places, so you could even write/paint their names on the pebble, so no need for card at all!

• NikiST
    Beginner July 2011
    NikiST ·
    • Hide content

Ok the inspiration is coming now! Thanks girls!

• HayleyMay
    Beginner September 2012
    HayleyMay ·
    • Hide content

Could you not just tell the ushers to make sure no-one sits in those chairs?

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is what I did and then the registrar messed up my carefully prepared seating plan for who would sit in the front 15 seats! (I'd worked it all out so my parents could see my face and his parents could see his etc, and so the BMs were in the right position and so on.) The registrar then went and asked our witnesses to sit next to us, and he put out extra chairs for them... when we'd planned on having them in the front row, and then that left the Best Man nowhere to sit, and I turned up and he just thought "oh I'll sit anywhere" and ended up having to take a while to come up and give us the rings at the right place!

So Niki, make sure you talk to your registrar in advance LOL!

• NikiST
    Beginner July 2011
    NikiST ·
    • Hide content

I'm going to make signs and put them on the chair. At least I don't have to worry about anyone c*cking it up, lol

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

You could add a ribbon to the card & then pin them onto the sash , same principle as this:

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

Useful thread - we were working out our 'reserved seating' last night; 3 rows on my side and 2 rows on hers, but the added complication of people who need to come up during the ceremony and do readings etc but sitting with their partners/family.

As I know all the people that will be sitting in those seats, I'll just be at the front before the ceremony begins and prod people sitting in the wrong place, but it would be nice to have a keepsake to put on the chairs. I like the painted pebble idea, one of those coloured paint type pens should do the job nicely methinks.

One other issue I have which any advice appreciated - I have a family of 2+5 which is essentially a complete row. Should I reserve them a row, if so where (front or rear) or hope they just arrive early enough so they can all sit together?

• amanite
    Beginner
    amanite ·
    • Hide content

I would reserve them a row; they are very special guests.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics