Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Daisy Bell
Beginner August 2015

Need to change my email address

Daisy Bell, 6 of October of 2014 at 15:21 Posted on Feedback to Hitched 0

My boyfriend and I are planning to elope next year, ideally without anyone knowing about it beforehand.

We were at my FMIL's house yesterday and she picked up my phone thinking it is hers (we have the same case), and there's an email notification from this forum... She read it out loud "wedding planning forum...... huh" and didn't mention it again.

Luckily it wasn't to a topic with elopement in the name, haha, so I am hoping she will just think I am daydreaming and planning ahead without planning an actual wedding, but needless to say, I need to prevent something like this from happening again, because then she (or others) will really think something is up.

I set up a new email address for wedding related stuff that won't have notifications coming through to my phone, but it seems like I cannot change my email address on here myself. Found some topics that said to email charlotte@hitched.co.uk so I did that yesterday, but only got an OOO reply.

I actually did realise this could happen before it did happen, and had set up the email address yesterday before we were at her house but since I couldn't change my email address on here, a notification came through and she saw it. Of course. I could kick myself.

So yeah, any tips on how I could resolve this quickly would be great. Turning off notifications in general isn't really an option as this is my email address for everything. I don't want to re-register either. I like my username and even though I'm quite new I want to keep track of my posts/topics.

Thanks!

• C
    charlotte @ hitched ยท
    • Hide content

Hi Daisy Bell,

I've just emailed you with details of amending your email address.

If any other brides need help with changing their email address please contact me directly on charlotte@hitched.co.uk

Thanks

Charlotte

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics