Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

RoseArcana

Need to find details of this wedding dress please

RoseArcana, 9 of September of 2014 at 17:28 Posted on Planning 0 10

Hi ladies.

Went wedding dress shopping on saturday and the dress I originally wanted looked awful on me. I found one I really love, but they only told me it was called Abbie and it was £987... Considering I was planning on buying a copy from china for £90...

I can't google image because it was taken in the shop. Does anyone know what designer and possibly the number/name is please?

TIA xx

10 replies

Latest activity by RomanticIvoryDecor190, 11 of September of 2014 at 15:04
  • Cat In A Teacup
    Beginner August 2015
    Cat In A Teacup ·
    • Hide content

Could you not just phone the shop and ask? Or flick through their website and a list of designers that they stock, see which designers name their dresses after girls names and then go from there?

• RoseArcana
    RoseArcana ·
    • Hide content

Apparently they don't tell customers... Their website says they stock mori lee, white rose and hilary morgan but no amount of searching can I find this dress!! X

• Lottie2409
    Beginner November 2014
    Lottie2409 ·
    • Hide content

It might not really be called Abbie, my shop wrote on my receipt that mine was called Marissa but it's a Stella York and they use numbers. Sometimes shops give dresses their own names. As others have said, have a look at all the designers that the shop says it stocks.

• Cat In A Teacup
    Beginner August 2015
    Cat In A Teacup ·
    • Hide content

I thought it looked a lot like White Rose R858 but with an added belt?

• RoseArcana
    RoseArcana ·
    • Hide content

Thanks all.

It looks more like the R858 but can't find a picture of the back which is similar to the other one posted... I know it has the buttons all down the back. But I can't find it anywhere else to make sure they aren't ripping me off. How do I search for similar dresses? I have no idea on how to describe it like empire line, train etc.

• Cat In A Teacup
    Beginner August 2015
    Cat In A Teacup ·
    • Hide content

Hmm, I do love a challenge!

Have you looked to see if there are another stockists in your area? Perhaps you could also phone the bridal shop and ask if they stock R858, and what the back looks like? No need to tell them you have already been in etc. Just say you like the look of it from the white rose website but can't find an image of the back anywhere.

Failing that, this store http://www.abigailscollection.co.uk stocks WR dresses. I had an appointment with them a year or so ago and they were amazing and so helpful. They probably aren't near you, but I am sure that if you phone them they may be able to help you out. Most websites seem to think that WR dresses are between £800 and £1300 so I doubt your local shop is trying to rip you off. It is probably just that they don't want people finding their dress with them then buying it from somewhere else.

Good Luck Smiley smile

• RoseArcana
    RoseArcana ·
    • Hide content

If you don't think they are over charging me then I'm quite happy. I really felt like a bride in it but It's just the fact my wedding dress budget has been increased 100x! I've got plenty of time but I'm just going to play the waiting game. I will have the 50% deposit in January so it's a case of seeing if it goes on sale Smiley smile Thanks ladies. Really appreciate it x

• Cat In A Teacup
    Beginner August 2015
    Cat In A Teacup ·
    • Hide content

I went from originally planning on having a second hand 'cheap as possible' dress to getting one bespoke made! So I can sympathise with the budget increase Smiley winking I am sure that it will be of much better quality than an ebay copy though.

It is probably worth just phoning around to check if anywhere else is cheaper, then you can always try to get your shop to price match to save a few quid. Good idea about holding out for the sales too Smiley smile

• RoseArcana
    RoseArcana ·
    • Hide content

I will do thanks Smiley smile I'm still in shock tbh. I always thought my dress wouldn't be fishtail type, fitted or even lace! But the one I loved is all those things! Haha x

• foxxy88
    Beginner June 2015
    foxxy88 ·
    • Hide content

I bought a dress of ebay, a 1950's tea length one. I felt I had missed out on the whole bridal shopping experience and that possible I had settled as my budget was low for the dress.

I ended up going to two bridal shops. And oh my days, i felt like a bride, all the fussing over, the excitement and more importantly the dresses made me feel like a proper princess!!

My dress went from £75 > £875 in the space of a day...

Its a lot of money but its worth it, even if its just for peace of mind. The bridal shop i used also allowed me to pay over 6 months to help with cash flow

Good luck xx

• RoseArcana
    RoseArcana ·
    • Hide content

Thanks foxxy. I felt the same as you! I know I have over 2.5 yrs to go but I have to start getting stuff sorted in my head otherwise I'll go mental haha x

• R
    Beginner January 1998
    RomanticIvoryDecor190 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Try savvy cinderella they may be able to find it or have a similar one. tHEY ALSO HAVE A SALE AT THE MOMENT

lYNNE

• R
    Beginner January 1998
    RomanticIvoryDecor190 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Try savvy cinderella they may be able to find it or have a similar one. tHEY ALSO HAVE A SALE AT THE MOMENT

lYNNE

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics