Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner May 2016

Need to sort a DJ!!

BrideMMD, 27 of March of 2016 at 19:39 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi all,

Our wedding is less than 7 weeks away & we still haven't sorted a DJ!

We're having a band so efforts went into sorting that and the DJ bit got overlooked.

Can anyone recommend a DJ in the North West (Manchester)? Are you hiring lights as well & how much have you paid?

Thanks

5 replies

Latest activity by AnthonyWinyardEntertainment, 4 of April of 2016 at 21:43
  • rach_217
    Beginner June 2016
    rach_217 ·
    • Hide content

We haven't had our wedding yet but we've booked a guy called James Donnan! In all honesty we had no idea about DJs in the area and asked our venue he was one of the recommendations! He seems lovely when I've spoken to him, really professional and good value for money. Not renting any lights or anything as venue has all that, I think final price is £230/£250 to play from 7pm to 1am. His website is http://www.jamesdonnanmusic.co.uk xxx

• B
    Beginner May 2016
    BrideMMD ·
    • Hide content

Thanks very much, I've dropped him a line. All the info on the website looks good, seems to know what he's on about! Cheers xxx

• AnthonyWinyardEntertainment
    AnthonyWinyardEntertainment ·
    • Hide content

Is your wedding on a Saturday or another day? If it is a Saturday the choice won't be so great now but if it's not a Saturday there'll be more to choose from.

There is an excellent DJ that services the Manchester area named Andy Murphy.

Many brides have no idea what questions to ask when they do find a DJ as they've never usually booked a DJ previously. I wrote an article for The Ultimate Wedding magazine that lists some questions that might be relevant to you and you can find that on my blog at https://winyard.com/

I hope that's of help.

If you have trouble finding anyone come back to me as I know a few DJs in the area and could find out who is available.

• B
    Beginner May 2016
    BrideMMD ·
    • Hide content

Thank you, that article is really helpful. Yep it's a Saturday so think our choices will be limited. Thanks again, will do

• B
    Beginner May 2016
    BrideMMD ·
    • Hide content

Hi there,

I've made a few enquiries and have an option or 2 but feeling unsure of who to go for.

Can you recommend anyone please?

Thanks

• AnthonyWinyardEntertainment
    AnthonyWinyardEntertainment ·
    • Hide content

Apologies for the delay it was a manic weekend (and Monday!)

I'd recommend the following guys:

Steve Mitchell (is based in Southport but he does cover Manchester and is an excellent DJ)

Robin Kershaw runs a company named Dance Couture. He/they are based in Preston but also cover Manchester. He is superb and has top DJs working for him.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics