Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Carly
Beginner January 2025 Washington

Needing advice on a seemingly one sided vendor contract (photography)

Carly, 14 of January of 2024 at 22:55 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hey everyone,
I have a pending contract with a venue and the vendors they use (all inclusive), but I'm concerned about a few of the passages under the photography section and am hoping to find out if my concerns are reasonable and/or worth negotiating as I don't have a lot to compare it to. The jist of the 3 passages are that I cannot edit or crop any of my wedding photos, that the photographer basically has all the say in what photos are taken, & that the photographer isn't liable in the case of their equipment failing or if they lose all of the data. To me, if I'm paying thousands of dollars for my wedding photos, I feel I should be able to do what I'd like with them afterwards, so long as I'm not explicitly tagging the photographer or mentioning them. Otherwise, to me, it seems like it's just free advertising for the photographer instead of being photos I purchased. Any thoughts? Are these things I can and/or should negotiate? Or are they things that I would likely find on any photographer contract? It just seems very one sided to me...Needing advice on a seemingly one sided vendor contract (photography) 1Needing advice on a seemingly one sided vendor contract (photography) 2

1 replies

Latest activity by PhotographybyBillHaddon, 16 of January of 2024 at 23:00
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

I see that you are in the US so I have no idea about US contracts and law but in the UK all of that sounds normal.

In a roundabout way the wording is trying to protect all booked weddings because if they were to be sued by a wedding before yours because equipment broke down then you would not be having a photographer as they could of gone out of business.

As for the non alteration then I do not have such clause because its impossible to police especially when they post to instrgram and it crops a beautiful full width landscape with the couple on the left and it then gets cropped square and cuts off the couple. The photographer does not want people messing and ruining their image and making their work look bad.

Its normal for a good photographer to select the ones they feel are the best out of the ones they have taken. You would not usually be missing anything that you really would not want anyway.

Again I have to say this is all only relevant to UK wedding photography and not USA

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics