Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

looneysh
Beginner May 2012

Negotiating with new build developments I.e Taylor wimpy or persimmons?

looneysh, 3 of January of 2013 at 13:11 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 3

Happy new year everyone!

Sorry I haven't been on in AGES!!! My work has blocked this site and I never get the opportunity to go on the laptop at home as my hubby works stupid long hours from home and hogged the computer. I'm on my iPhone just now but typing posts on it can be frustrating at times so don't do it very often!

I was wondering what experience people have had when buying a new build? Did you manage to negotiate a reduction on the list price aswell as take a part exchange incentive etc. how would you approach it? We like a house and were thinking of offering 15% below the advertised price of £222k which he approx £190k...do u think they would laugh in our faces?

3 replies

Latest activity by looneysh, 3 of January of 2013 at 13:27
  • pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

We managed only a reduction of 10k. This was with Morris Homes, and they were totally dire, so pulled out. We may have got further with them but didn't stick around long enough to find out!

• OB
    Beginner January 2011
    OB ·
    • Hide content

It depends on the site and how many are sold. We bought when ours was a concrete slab, so we didn't really get discount, other than the 5% off.

If you are wanting to buy a house that has been built and has sat empty for a while, I'm sure they will be more open to negotiation.

• looneysh
    Beginner May 2012
    looneysh ·
    • Hide content

The development has been building for 2 years I think and are still building from what I can tell there are 2 properties left of the type we're looking at. We have had our eye on them for the past year but haven't had contact with the developer since April last year. They will continue building I suspect for another year or so....

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics