Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

RoseArcana

Negotiating with Wedding Venue: Corkage!

RoseArcana, 15 of June of 2014 at 22:00 Posted on Planning 0

Hi all

After all your wonderful help... We are now getting close to actually booking the venue. We are booking another viewing in July to discuss things and rejig the quote and hopefully put down the 1st half of our deposit. My H2B, after going through the sums, is totally unhappy at paying the corkage fee for us to supply 12 bottles of champers because their selection is rubbish. They are quoting £15 a bottle for corkage. So far, we have quoted to provide buck's fizz at £4.75 a glass per adult and £2 per child for a soft drink after the ceremony and the guests will be buying their own drinks from the bar between then and the end of the night, which I'm sure will do well! He has actually said (even though the venue is great value for what we want) that we are walking away from them if they will not change this.

So! My question is, how is the best way to negotiate on this fee? Has anyone had luck in haggling down this fee? And how do we actually do this without being rude or idiotic about it?

Thanks Hitchers x

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

You should be able to negotiate on corkage. £15 seems very high. Clarify that this fee is per bottle!

Then, if you can get the fee down, you switch to magnums. When our son was Christened we paid £5 corkage and we bought the magnums direct from Wafflart & Fils at Bouilly near Reims. It's a small family company that sells direct. We drove there to pick it all up!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics