Red Baroness, 19 of June of 2012 at 15:13 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 16

Can anything be done about this?

16 replies

Latest activity by Mrs C, 20 of June of 2012 at 10:39
  • 2b_MrsB
    Beginner June 2013
    2b_MrsB ·
    • Hide content

To what extent is it happening ? and are they littering on your property ?

I'm sure the local council can help advise you.

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

No, but they're littering around our courtyard area and in the street.

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

Report them to the council?

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

How rude! What are they littering?

• 2b_MrsB
    Beginner June 2013
    2b_MrsB ·
    • Hide content

If it's a public area then the council are responsible for it (clearing comes out of their budget), so I'd suggest contacting them, I presume by the fact you've posted about this that we're talking more than the odd crisp packet and pop can.

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm not sure who owns the courtyard tbh. It needs to be weeded badly as well.

Yes, certain neighbours put their rubbish out at the weekend, when it's collected on a Thursday, so animals get into it and it goes everywhere. One resident in our courtyard area, who lives in a gardenless car port style property, owns a big dog and lets it cr@p everywhere, and sometimes on someone else's side garden! There is a refuse area to put rubbish on the morning of collection and now there a massive white paint stain tipped down the brick wall. It's been there for months so it's not coming off. It once looked very clean and tidy, but now looks like a sh!t hole!

We also get a gang of yobs that congregate at the top of our estate road, drinking and littering. This the blows into peoples' front gardens, and a few people don't bother to remove it. One front garden just has a row of litter lining it.

• 2b_MrsB
    Beginner June 2013
    2b_MrsB ·
    • Hide content

Putting their rubbish out so far in advance may well be considered as fly tipping but the council and the dog cr@p is total unacceptable, contact you council for advice regarding everything you have mentioned. Do you have a community police officer ? he/she should be able to help with the congregating yobs.

• Blonde Viki
    Beginner July 2012
    Blonde Viki ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We get this sometimes too - all the houses in our road have lovely low walls at the front and periodically a bunch of idiots, not even kids but adult men who should know better, will sit about on the front of one house. They always leave their beer cans on the walls when they depart. They obviously missed the lesson about respecting other people's things...

It's a shame because our council are really putting an effort into keeping the place clean, we have a guy who street-sweeps every day. He must think we're a right bunch of lazy sods in our road, even though it's not the residents who litter. I feel bad for him as it's the same type of mess in the same place every week.

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content

We have the rubbish thing as well! Our area doesn't do wheelie bins so you just put the bin out on the street. Some of the stuff that gets strewn is gross. If it were from my bag I'd make sure I cleaned it up as soon as I noticed but some people just leave it and leave it and leave it.

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'll try the council. Someone must be responsible for our courtyard and it's maintenance.

I think this is the problem. Apparently it's because the bin men won't/can't empty them, or so we've been told. One of my immediate neighbours once asked the question. The issues in our courtyard mainly stem from the social housing I have to say. My grandparents lived in social housing, so no prejudices there.

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Do you live in a leasehold property?

We live down a private road, which is maintained by the management company as we are leasehold. Council won't touch us.

• W
    Widzew ·
    • Hide content

There is a refuse area to put rubbish on the morning of collection and now there a massive white paint stain tipped down the brick wall. It's been there for months so it's not coming off. It once looked very clean and tidy, but now looks like a sh!t hole!

• stripeyrache
    Beginner February 2011
    stripeyrache ·
    • Hide content

The block I live in is now about half and half social housing and leasehold. Like you, we also find that unfortunately some of the council tenants don't seem to have the same respect for the surroundings. Do you pay a service charge? If so I would speak to the company that deals with that. Especially as weeding should come under that. It's bloody frustrating!

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

Ours is a new development (about 4 years old) and when the builders weren't able to sell everything, they sold a lot to the council apparently. Mind you, we have a few bluddy awful home owners living near us as well, but the issues mainly stem from the social housing.

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I would speak to your Management Company, you pay them to do a job. I think mine hate me but our area is perfectly maintained ?

Sounds like it is either managed by another company on behalf of those houses, or should be maintained by those houses directly. If not adopted by the council it might be tricky to force anyone's hand.

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

One of our neighbours complains to them all the time. They sent out a letter recently stating that we will get charged every time we phone them from now on! But they are useless. I do keep meaning to speak to them as well.

It doesn't look like it's maintained by anyone at the moment. Someone from our block went out and weeded the place last year as they were so fed up of it, but no one else bothers. If it's not adopted by the council, I'm wondering if that means the builder/developer still owns it. Someone has to own it, and it's not any of us or the other houses. Going to try ringing the council and see what I can find out.

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Red Barry... Super Sleuth!

That is outrageous! We are lucky that ours is managed by a resident, so I can just go and knock on his door!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics