Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner September 2013

nervous about wedding dress fitting

AmzieM, 27 of July of 2013 at 10:55 Posted on Planning 0 8

I went on monday for my wedding dress fitting. a lot to be taken off the bottom since i am small as well around the bust. she was having problems putting the pins through as a lot of bones in it.

when i finished work yesterday recieved a voice message saying can i go in today to see the lady about the bust on my wedding dress.

so 2pm today i am seeing her. i am so nervous as im thinking she be telling me she cannot do anything with it. then i be gutted as its the dress i really want, plus paid for.

anyone else like had an emergency phone call about their dress?

8 replies

Latest activity by Mrspetal, 28 of July of 2013 at 11:01
  • havecreditwillwed
    Beginner August 2013
    havecreditwillwed ·
    • Hide content

Hi Amzie!

A lot of seamstresses also make gowns of all kinds from scratch. I am certain that your seamstress could fully take every bone out of your dress, fit it, and put all the bones back in without any problems. I was a bridesmaid recently and the seamstress decided herself to whack in a few more bones in my dress no bother.

Try not to worry about it because there is almost nothing that these amazing women cannot do! I should think she wants to make sure that she's got all the pins in the right place before she starts the alterations.

I had about 4 inches hacked off the bottom of my wedding dress since aparently Justin Alexander think all girls are giraffes, and taken in all over and there is a tonne of decoration on it, she just took off the top layer, took in all the layers below, then put the top layer back on - it really is quite incredible.

She will be able to do it. I bet she just wants to make sure she's got it perfect. What dress is it? Cannot resist a flash!!!

xxx

• A
    Beginner September 2013
    AmzieM ·
    • Hide content

yeah im sure im just worrying over nothing. this is the first time since started wedding plans that become nervous and worried lol. she did say that with some detailing at the bottom she can take off and put back on somewhere else. i not got a photo of my dress but it is similar to this one, mine a bit more floaty at the botom at front and its not lace detailing at bottom, its sequins. xx

• havecreditwillwed
    Beginner August 2013
    havecreditwillwed ·
    • Hide content

Wow it is gorgeous!

That is going to be no problem to alter I am sure, even if you are small up top. Mine has a lace edge on the bottom like that, it was detachable. She took off the edging, cut off 4 inches, then stitched the edging back on - you'd never know.

The top of mine is covered in applique lace flowers - she took off every individual flower before she took it in and reattached.

Honestly I have a new found respect for seamstresses, they are blimming miracle workers! Maybe she's realised there are a couple of ways she can do it and wants to see which you like best. Sincerely doubt this will be the most challenging alteration she's done - there have been brides on here who have had a sweetheart neckline like this made straight across and all sorts!

Come back and tell us how you get on!

• A
    Beginner September 2013
    AmzieM ·
    • Hide content

Thought let you know about my dress fitting from yesterday.

She altered it all. Problem was the bust. As was sticking out at front and not laying flat against my chest. Ended up taking bra off and it fits perfectly. so no bra on the day. Dress got plenty of support and padding anyways.

Took 7inch off the bottom lol. If wasn't wearing high heels it would be 11-12 inches. I'm so small lol.

The detailing she took off the bottom and put back on is amazing.

By it fitting perfectly it looks a completely different dress compared to Monday when tried it.

My mum started to cry too. Lol.

Cannot wait for the day to come round to wear it now.

:-)

• havecreditwillwed
    Beginner August 2013
    havecreditwillwed ·
    • Hide content

Ahhhhh Amzie I am so pleased!!! The dress is a little piece of heaven, you are going to look incredible in it. I am so pleased it all worked out, and if it reassures you, my girls will also be 'free range' on the day - top of my dress just wasn't working right with a bra either. xxx

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

Oh good, I'm so glad!

You can breathe a sigh of relief now!

Fancy a flash? ? haha

• A
    Beginner September 2013
    AmzieM ·
    • Hide content

I not got picture of my dress. But it's less than 7 weeks to go now. Pick it up day before. So will show you then. Done it on purpose so when day comes round it will be all special all over again as not seen it since yesterday.

• Mrspetal
    Beginner February 2014
    Mrspetal ·
    • Hide content

I was wondering yesterday how u got on.

Glad it's all going well xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics