Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

D
Beginner October 2010

nervous first dress fitting Sat

drifter, 9 February, 2010 at 16:43 Posted on Planning 0 19

So my dress is being made and this sat I am off ot have my first fitting nI am very very nervous as I have never seen the dress, the lady making it is basing it on two of her designs I loved when I was in the shops. Arrggghh I know I can make changes if it isn't right but I want to at least like it I spent ages looking and dress and couldnt find one I loved hench going down this route and now I'm excited to see it but scared it still won't be right.

Any others who had their dresses made how did you cope?

19 replies

Latest activity by Daisy82, 23 February, 2010 at 17:56
  • Mitzi50
    Beginner June 2010
    Mitzi50 ·
    • Hide content

Ooo sounds very exciting, cant offer any advice to kill the nerves though!

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

How exciting!!!!! You'll love it I'm sure

• cola
    Beginner September 2010
    cola ·
    • Hide content

Ooooo are we going to get a flash?

• Daisy82
    Beginner
    Daisy82 ·
    • Hide content

I know the feeling.

I'm doing exactly the same thing and i've got my first one 2moro. so excited and really nervous! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you on Saturday x

• D
    Beginner October 2010
    drifter ·
    • Hide content

Ladies thank you for the kind words of reassurance

arrgghhh it is driving me a little bit crazy, trying to distract my self with work and other wedding planning as I know untill i see the dress I don't really know how I will feel.

Vickstix how did it go?

x

• Houdini
    Beginner August 2010
    Houdini ·
    • Hide content

I presume we'll get pics?!

I'm sure it'll be fine but you can always have changes made.

• Mrs S*
    Beginner January 2010
    Mrs S* ·
    • Hide content

I'm sure you'll be fine, don't forget your camera.

• Daisy82
    Beginner
    Daisy82 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Drifter,

It was so good. We decided the fabric to use to give me the layered look i was after and tried the first mock up top section. sorry no photos yet. I'll take them in june at first proper fitting. Trying to lose weight before the big day. My dress lady said no point even making a proper mock up until i'm closer to the weight i want to be as it could change the whole look of the dress.

This is the dress we're kinda copying! it's a pronovia. hopefully it'll turn out ok.

good luck for urs Saturday x

• D
    Beginner October 2010
    drifter ·
    • Hide content

Ooo Vickstix lovely neckline on that dress can't wait to see your photos,

can't wait to see mine (sort of will get to decide various details at first fitting like material for the bodie and if I want staps or not all ver nerve wrcking but exciting.

Will try and get photos but no promises I am very camera shy.

• ashlil
    Beginner February 2011
    ashlil ·
    • Hide content

Good luck.. I'm having my made but only just saw dressmaker on Saturday. I'm going to have to wait until at least Sept/October before i get the next stage...

material been ordered this week so will be ready - all deep purple..

so I have triple doubts about it all as its going to be purple and not ivory. i have a pic of it if you want to see mine

• D
    Beginner October 2010
    drifter ·
    • Hide content

Ashlil

Pics please yes please did you need to ask? Purple sounds amazing, ahh I get married 1st Oct so deafinately time for a first fitting I think still so much to decide

• shoegal01
    Beginner October 2010
    shoegal01 ·
    • Hide content

I remember Cottesgirl and Hely had their dresses made last year and both looked amazing!

You will love it on saturday - remember your camera young lady!

• D
    Beginner October 2010
    drifter ·
    • Hide content

Hmm miss shoegal and where are you dress photos then?

this gettign it made lark seemed like a good idea at the time now Im not so sure stupid crazy wedding dress mangled brain is driving me loopy!

• Daisy82
    Beginner
    Daisy82 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh drifter no one is going to laugh at u esp on here. They are all so supportive and I can't wait til my first proper fitting so I can show u all as keeping it a secret from everyone else attending my wedding. ?

• The Little Jewellery Box
    The Little Jewellery Box ·
    • Hide content

Don't worry, you're bound to be nervous and excited but it will be fine!! Just be honest with how you would like it when you try it on and say if there is anything you are unsure about.

....and take piccies!!!!

• Daisy82
    Beginner
    Daisy82 ·
    • Hide content

Drifter,

How did the dress appointment go? You got any photos to show us ? ? x

• D
    Beginner October 2010
    drifter ·
    • Hide content

Hi Vickstix

Appint was fine no photos as dress is no where near doen yet just got sizing somewher close to reasonable. going back at the end of April with shoes (well as long as I have some by then) so can sort out the length and my dress maker is going to find some antique lace samples so I can choose some lace for the bodice although right now I am tempted to leave the drss as it is.

Currrently debating weather I will need something to keep my shoulders warm while traveling as the wedding is the first of Oct.

Very excited as we went to see our first florist on Sat to so just waiting for a quote now.

How are your plans going?

• cotteesgirl
    Beginner September 2009
    cotteesgirl ·
    • Hide content

You will be fine me dear! remember it may not look like the finished article (my first fitting my dress was just a bit of fabric!) and take this opportunity to say what you want amended/added onto it...remember its made for you, it could not be any more perfect!

Cant wait to see it so please flash if you can x

P.S SHOEY *chants* flash flash flash!

• D
    Beginner October 2010
    drifter ·
    • Hide content

Hi Cotteeesgirl

Hows you? yup I know i love being able to choose my fabrics so far its all good I am looking forward to choosing the lace next.

No pictures as yet but when I do get some I will do a limited time flash so keep your eyeys open at the end of April.

• Daisy82
    Beginner
    Daisy82 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Drifter,

Plans are going really well. I'm not getting married til September so got a little time but we've done transport, cake, venues, photographer, jewellery, shoes oh and we've booked the caterer. We're hiring a hall so had to get everything seperately inc table hire etc but the caterer is doing that for us. Smiley winking

Just got outfits to do and flowers. Hopefully know what my dress look like in June. I'm losing weight so she doesnt want to make it too soon and then have to alter the entire thing!

x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics