Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner April 2012

Nervous I'll get jealous

shellsworth, 29 September, 2011 at 15:44 Posted on Planning 0 6

My cousin gets married tomorrow, I know for a fact she is going to have the massive white dress, the perfect church, the posh expensive venue etcc...

I'm just worried I'll see it and think "Our wedding is going to be plop compared to this" Smiley sad

Also I'm happy for my cousin that the weather is going to be nice, but I can imagine them saying at my wedding "Shame the weather isnt as good as it was at mine"

*sigh*

I don't know if I'm being stupid but I just have a gut feeling ... ☹️

6 replies

Latest activity by HappyAnnie, 29 September, 2011 at 18:12
  • Purple Pixie
    Beginner July 2012
    Purple Pixie ·
    • Hide content

It's not the posh venue or big white dress that make a wedding amazing. It's the people involved, their characters coming through and individual quirks.

Your wedding will be every bit as good as theirs. Hang on a minute, you're a Hitcher, that means you've got an advantage so I'll take back what I just said. Your wedding will be even better than theirs ?

• nanny plum
    Beginner September 2011
    nanny plum ·
    • Hide content

I went to quite a few weddings this year and have seen loads of pictures of others,none of them matter and although i am sure it was each individuals perfect day mine in my mind was perfect for us. All i wanted was a day that all my friends and family had a great time and were happy for us,that is what i got .

For me all that mattered was the food and music was good and that the drink was flowing lol.It could have been pouring or snowing i would not have minded on the day,try not to worry about it and in all honesty hers will be a distant memory in six months time,i almost feel mine is and it was only two and a bit weeks ago.

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

It might be worth remembering that wedding guests don't look at weddings the same way a bride to be does so they will be too busy enjoying the day rather than comparing notes when they attend yours.

Put your best frock and enjoy the lovely day (and weather). Your wedding will be a fantastic day because it will be just how you planned it and not a carbon copy of anybody else's ?

• jen_84
    Beginner August 2012
    jen_84 ·
    • Hide content

Absolutely! Your wedding will still be the day you want it to be. Different people have different budgets, different ideas, different methods. Just go with an open mind, enjoy your cousin's wedding and then focus agin on yours and not comparing the two!

• Blonde Viki
    Beginner July 2012
    Blonde Viki ·
    • Hide content

I hope that they don't, but even if they do, then quite frankly - sod them. No one should have a bad attitude like that when they are someone else's guest at any event, even moreso something so personal like a wedding that you are privileged to be asked to, in my opinion. Anyway, I don't think you'll really notice anyone being grumpy/unappreciative/rude on the day as you'll be too busy being on that special part of Cloud 9 reserved for the newly married Smiley smile

• HappyAnnie
    Beginner April 2012
    HappyAnnie ·
    • Hide content

Totally agree with what others have posted. It's not necessarily about the big dress, the great weather etc etc.

A good example - I attended a £30,000 wedding a few years back, huge venue, entertainment, string quartet, church choir, a huge fire works display etc etc - you name it, they had it. Few months after that attended a wedding that cost half that, civil ceremony do, no entertainment, sparklers outside and good old fashioned disco. My favourite wedding? The cheaper one. Why? All the things that are PRICELESS made it what it was - speeches were brilliant (including a hilarious poem by the groom), great atmosphere, relaxed and happy and whereas the big expensive wedding had this huge grand room for the meal (you couldn't hear a word of the speeches) wheras the cheaper wedding had a cosy intimate feel and was brilliant.

I can't afford the kind of wedding my brother recently had but I'm trying not to compare - what makes a wedding is the people and often the things that make it memorable are priceless.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics