Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

inalein
Beginner August 2010

New bride to be in Scotland - Central Belt

inalein, 4 of April of 2009 at 07:21

Posted on Planning 36

Hi, we just told the last people of our engagement and are now starting to plan the wedding...well I am lol. I'm just trying to get as much information about venues as I can. My favorite so far is Duck Bay at Loch Lomond. Has anyone had any experience with it? I can't seem to find any reviews about...

Hi, we just told the last people of our engagement and are now starting to plan the wedding...well I am lol. I'm just trying to get as much information about venues as I can. My favorite so far is Duck Bay at Loch Lomond. Has anyone had any experience with it? I can't seem to find any reviews about it anywhere ☹️. Help would be appreciated.....it's really daunting to try and figure it all out.

36 replies

• J
    Beginner July 2009
    Jen.wk ·
    • Hide content

You been to see lodge on the loch? We are getting married there in july! Its so lovely!x

• A
    Beginner September 2010
    angelfins ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations!Im a glasgow bride ( well soon to be bridge of weir) getting married in May 2010.

Loch lomond is lovely. Have you looked at the Drovers Inn at Inverarnan? Im sure they are reasonably priced compared to Duck Bay & Lodge on the Loch etc which are all totally stunning but not in everyones price bracket. Its a bit more rugged too

Ive been to the Drovers loads of times and the atmosphere is amazing and you would get some really unique pics with the stuffed bear, 3 headed lamb .........and the ghosts!

I think weddings are held in the lodge across the road where ive stayed in rooms there (kinda chalet style with your own door) which are lovely and have jacuzzi baths. We also stayed in the main bit of the drovers inn and there was a double bed sized jacuzzi. dont go for the honey moon suite tho the four poster bed only has 3 posts!

The drovers was somewhere we were lookin at but have decided on somewhere else.

Good luck where ever you choose!

• P
    Beginner August 2004
    PinkSunday ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Sorry - the bride is a RL friend and not a hitcher - I will be seeing her next Friday so can ask some q's if you want - let me know what you want to know.

Mx

• inalein
    Beginner August 2010
    inalein ·
    • Hide content

Yeh browsed through the brochure of the lodge on the loch.....it is indeed lovely, but I think even dearer than Duck Bay lol. But congrats, I'm sure you'll have a great wedding there.

It's so exiting, isn't it? I'm going for long power walks after work and the only thing I think of is planning the wedding. Quiet good actually, as I get loads of ideas during these walks.

We really need to go up for a drive around the Loch again to see what other venues are up there. Luss and Inverarnan seem to have quiet a few good locations as well.....will definetley have a look into the Drovers as well lol.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics