Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

daisymoo86
Beginner July 2016

New Dr Martens

daisymoo86, 4 of August of 2014 at 15:46 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 9

I bought myself some new Dr Martens at the weekend. My first ever pair in fact as an early birthday treat to myself.

They are beautiful. They are called Amelita or something? Sort of a biker boot style with purple lily type flower lining and flowery ribbon laces.

I'd just thought I would share this amazing news! Now can it be the weekend please so that I can wear them and never take them off!!

9 replies

Latest activity by daisymoo86, 4 of August of 2014 at 22:09
  • InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

Oh man, good luck wearing them in! I haven't worn them for years, but I've never forgotten the pain of new Docs. I have occasionally been tempted to buy some new ones as they have so many nice designs, but the wearing in process puts me off. Do not go ANYWHERE without plasters.

• daisymoo86
    Beginner July 2016
    daisymoo86 ·
    • Hide content

Oh dear have I set myself up for a world of pain!?

They seem fairly comfortable. I had to get insoles for them as the 5 was too tight and the 6 was slightly too big so I do feel nicely nestled into them. The area where it feels they may possibly rub until they soften is over the top of my foot. I will make sure plasters are with me at all times!

• *Teabag*
    Beginner June 2013
    *Teabag* ·
    • Hide content

I used to have Doc Martens as my school shoes (no idea how I got away with that) and I loved them. I never got a blister from them and I have really odd feet.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

I had them as school shoes too.

as for the pain of new shoes- converse hurt more than any high heel ever would.

• CrazyRatLady
    Expert September 2014
    CrazyRatLady ·
    • Hide content

I had DM's as a teenager loved them. No idea what happened to them. I got a copy pair from ebay for £8.99 and they are great, don't know how long they will last but they look good!

• Tizzie
    Beginner June 2012
    Tizzie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh no, I've just bought converse, was this a bad idea?!

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Be prepared for heel blisters- every new pair I have had have crippled me.

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The same with me. I need to buy some more.

I love Dr Martens!

• icklesal
    Beginner April 2015
    icklesal ·
    • Hide content

Oh man, I treated myself to my first pair of dr martens last august. I'm still wearing them in, they hurt so much. Slowly getting better but because I'm such a wimp I only wear them for like 20 mins at a time. I've been told they will be the comfiest boots I've ever owned, once they are worn in.

• daisymoo86
    Beginner July 2016
    daisymoo86 ·
    • Hide content

Here they are. I loooove them. Been wearing them all night and so far so good Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics