Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

watsonnicole1
Beginner October 2010

New Hall Hotel & Spa Sutton Coldfield

watsonnicole1, 6 June, 2010 at 14:35 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hi All,

We are due to get married at the New Hall Hotel on 8th October this year, Lots to do still yet! Anyone else getting married or having your reception there?

Nicole.x

7 replies

Latest activity by julia (modernphotographic), 7 June, 2010 at 20:48
  • LMR Photography (HIB)
    Beginner
    LMR Photography (HIB) ·
    • Hide content

I love New Hall, fantastic venue, location, staff and food!!!

We have been to many a weddings there, highly recommended.

Lou

x

• watsonnicole1
    Beginner October 2010
    watsonnicole1 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Lou. We have had a few problems already so far. I do hope your right! x

• LMR Photography (HIB)
    Beginner
    LMR Photography (HIB) ·
    • Hide content

Oh no problems like what?

• watsonnicole1
    Beginner October 2010
    watsonnicole1 ·
    • Hide content

Just silly little things really. Mainly being misinformed about a few things, At first we were told we could have a DJ of our choice booked one and then was told we could only have 1 of there two recommended ones, the one I would of liked was booked so we had no choice but to go with the other (which I am not 100& confident in) We booked a chocolate fountain and then I hear from someone else that New hall would stick £150 on our bill at the end (nice of them to tell us) They lost our 2nd payment cheque 3 times and then had to cheek to try and cancel our date as the payment was over 14 days late. The niggles go on and on really!

• lamby
    Beginner August 2010
    lamby ·
    • Hide content

Hello! Have never been to a wedding there but stayed in one of those sunday night deals in dec 2008 - we absolutely loved it, the grounds are amazing aren't they? Love the moat! Did you know kylie minogue goes to the spa sometimes?! And my oh is convinced he saw a ghost in our room at night, he he!

Sorry to hear you've been having problems though - how stressful. Hope they pull their fingers out, and just keep in mind that you will have such a beautiful day in such a gorgeous hotel, or should I say castle!

• watsonnicole1
    Beginner October 2010
    watsonnicole1 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Lamby,

Thank You for your reply. I do hope my guests have as good of a time as you did, I have 23 rooms booked up by my guests so fingers crossed.

I do love the place I could of cancelled and changed venue a few times with all the problems but every time I look at some pictures I took whilst there I fall in love with it again lol

H2B and I are going for our tasting session next month and we are going to stay over the night to which will be lovely. I didn't know about Miss Minogue no, How fab!

I hope your day goes well.xx

• LMR Photography (HIB)
    Beginner
    LMR Photography (HIB) ·
    • Hide content

Oh I am so sorry to hear of your problems, these must be pretty rare and a case of you only hear bad things going on.

I have never faulted them and I do know the following always stay there when in Birmingham -

Kylie

Rod Stewart

Take That

Simon Cowell and all other BGT judges

Lou

x

• julia (modernphotographic)
    Beginner July 2010
    julia (modernphotographic) ·
    • Hide content

Im pretty sure thats where my best friend is getting married next year! Looks lovely xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics