Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Charlotte
Beginner August 2025 Gloucestershire

New to wedding planning!

Charlotte, 5 of April of 2023 at 22:12 Posted on Planning 0 3
Hey everyone! I got engaged at the weekend and I'm absolutely buzzing!! I think we are aiming for a Spring 2025 wedding. How quickly do we need to start planning? Including hair, make up etc.... thanks so much!! Eeeeeek x

3 replies

Latest activity by Katherine, 6 of April of 2023 at 19:01
  • H
    Expert November 2022 Lincolnshire
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content

Firstly, congratulations to you both!

There are some helpful articles on here with planning timeframes so you can see when the latest dates should be for things. I recommend copying these into something like Word or Excel where you can edit them to what is relevant to you and add your own notes. A lot of them are based on 12 months planning so you can stretch it out and take your time to not rush into any decisions. You don't want to sign a contract, put down a deposit and then realise it's not what you want.

https://www.hitched.co.uk/wedding-planning/organising-and-planning/wedding-checklist/
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

It really depends how picky you are about venues and suppliers and when you are getting married. Midweek wedding out of season and you are going to have a wide range of options even a few months away. Saturday wedding in peak wedding season and options will narrow down much earlier.

If you have a particular location or vendor you are determined to use, then the sooner you book the better. But if you are more relaxed about it, you've got plenty of time.

• K
    Savvy August 2023 Co Londonderry
    Katherine ·
    • Hide content

As soon as you confirm your date get your seamstress booked for your dress! You dont need your dress to book it in but you do need to get in early as they are like hens teeth!

as above if you have a particular venue in mind/band etc get them booked asap. Then youve loads of time to save. Congratulations!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics