Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Iris
Beginner

New to WL forum

Iris, 21 of April of 2009 at 10:19 Posted on Beauty & Wellbeing 0 4

Morning everyone.

I'm new to WL. I'm 5'7" and have piled on the weight to the extent that I now weigh 11st5 (or I did last week). I'm just about in a size 12 but it doesn;t look good!

I'm an injured runner, hence the weight gain. So since last week I've been ELMM. Did spin 3 times last week plus a gym session and am generally eating more sensibly, back on good old GI principles. My aim is to shift a stone so that my running improves (when I'm mended) and I stand a chance of fitting in some of my clothes (most of my wardrobe is a size 10).

Week one I have lost 1lb and will measure myself tomorrow to see if I've reduced in size.

4 replies

Latest activity by Iris, 21 of April of 2009 at 15:54
  • Stazzle
    Stazzle ·
    • Hide content

Hi Iris

Your BMI is still under 25 so you are not 'clinically overweight' but of course I know that doesn't mean much if you don't feel comfortable with yourself, and if you're a dress size larger than what you usually wear.

1-2lbs a week is usually considered sustainable and healthy weight loss, plus you sound like you're pretty motivated so I'm sure that stone will come off in no time.

• SophieM
    SophieM ·
    • Hide content

?

Not being able to run is SO sucky ?

• Iris
    Beginner
    Iris ·
    • Hide content

I know Sophie. I'm planning on trying a mile or so in the next week though.

Stazzle- I don't fancy getting a BMI of over 25 and although I don't sound fat I really am not looking very slim at the moment. I'm aiming for an average of about 1lb a week.

• Consuela Banana Hammock
    Consuela Banana Hammock ·
    • Hide content

Can I join the non-runners Kleek? I'm still in pain with my foot even after having rested it for the past seven days and I've got another week of doing nothing. <sigh> I can't even do upper body exercise because I can't wash my foot (it's been packed) and so if I get it sweaty or hot then there's no way I can get it clean - we're talking one-legged baths as it is!

I've seriously cut down what I'm eating and I'm finding the lovely weather is helping a bit by making me less hungry but it's just so frustrating and I know it's utterly ridiculous but I'm convinced I can see my legs getting fatter and my arms losing muscle definition. I know. Completely unrealistic! ?

I guess I'll be back to the Podiatrist in a weeks' time if there's no improvement but no idea what that will mean in terms of further treatment other than further expense.

Sorry you're still no better Iris, how long have you been out of action for? ?

• Iris
    Beginner
    Iris ·
    • Hide content

Bloody well forever mate! Or actually about a month, maybe 6 weeks. Too long anyway.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics