Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner December 2011

new years eve wedding

emmielou1983, 29 November, 2009 at 14:14 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hi we are looking for a venue for new years eve 2011 and we're not having any luck, we live in shoreham west sussex, has anyone any ideas

Many thanks

Emm

8 replies

Latest activity by Weather Girl, 1 December, 2009 at 18:22
  • H
    Beginner
    Helen *Instant Forever* ·
    • Hide content

Have you tried Bartholomew Barn, Petworth - not a million miles from you?

http://www.bartholomewbarn.co.uk/

• E
    Beginner December 2011
    emmielou1983 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks will check it out Smiley smile

• A
    Beginner December 2010
    anglefish ·
    • Hide content

Hi

i cant help but just wanted to say were getting married new years eve 2010 so wanted to say good choice lol x

• B
    Brian Parkes LSWPP (HIB) ·
    • Hide content

Just one thing you may not have considered regarding your date, are you aware a lot of suppliers may want to charge you extra on new years eve, at the very least I doubt you will be able to negotiate any deals.

it's a big family night (probably why you want it) most venues are probably planning ticket only events, so to lose out on that they will want to charge a considerable fee, taxi's will be on double time, many dj's etc hired by pubs etc and as it's such a big night for demand, prices may rise. I know if somebody wanted to book me on new years eve they would definitely have to make it worthwhile, like many people it's a big family and social occaision I wouldn't want to miss out on unless there was a really good reason.

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Similarly, I don't want to be a killjoy either, but I would echo what Brian just said - from a florist's point of view, the selection of flowers available during the "in-between" period of Xmas and New Year is very, very limited. Some florists do actually close over the entire Xmas/New Year break because of this as it's so quiet during this time, it's not really worth opening to be honest. A lot of flower wholesale markets also close on Xmas Eve and don't re-open until 2nd Jan so I would definitely double, double check this with your florist as to whether she will be able to supply fresh flowers or not.

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content

Are you 100% set on having a new years eve wedding? I'm not sure I'd be too keen on going to a wedding on this date, people usually have 'traditions' for new years eve i.e. we always go to our local pub ?

As others have said, I'm sure it will add quite a lot to the cost of everything too.

• A
    Beginner December 2010
    anglefish ·
    • Hide content

Strangly enough we have found some great deals for that date and most of our family and friends are really looking forward to it with it being our special day and a party atmoaphere on top of it.

we did think it would be expensive and peole will not come but we just thought at the end of the day we like the idea and if people want to come they will i suppose :-) xx

• H
    Beginner December 2009
    happy&stressed ·
    • Hide content

Hi, We are getting married on nye this year (yikes only 30 days to go), we havent had any problems with the date, we got our venue at a deal that runs all through winter, its a Ramada Jarvis hotel so if there is any in your area then they should do the same deal. our florist has assured us that the flowers are fine (although variety is limited). Photographer, both lots of entertainment and cake maker are all the same price as usual. The only one that is charging a little extra is our toast master but it was a price i was willing to pay. We were surprised that things have come in at the same price as all year round apart from the venue which is actually cheaper than a summer wedding.

All our guests are excited about date as it will be a real family get together we did however make the decision to make sure we invite children as well as lots want to spend it with them and maybe babysitters are harder to come by. We are so excited to be having our New year wedding, i can think of nothing better than waking up on new years day next to the man of my dreams as his wife!! (soppy overload there) Also to top the lot just as everyone is going back to work we jet off to the maldives for two weeks yay.

Hope you decide to go for it, good luck on your venue search x

• Weather Girl
    Beginner October 2009
    Weather Girl ·
    • Hide content

I think NYE is a brilliant date for a wedding. I remember looking at a venue just after Christmas last year and they were having a wedding on NYE so invited us back to see everything being set up and I have to say, the atmosphere was amazing.

I can see that some people may have a point when it comes to things like cost, etc but if you do your reasearch and book way in advance I would have thought things would be ok. I think it's a lovely idea.

Good luck!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics