Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner September 2024 Monmouthshire

New York Honeymoon

Emilybride2Be, 2 of January of 2024 at 16:22 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 10
Hi! We're getting married in September this year and looking for some inspiration for New York!
Neither of us have been before and it'll be a dream holiday for us. Looking for hotel/attraction recommendations☺

10 replies

Latest activity by Allib, 9 of June of 2024 at 09:27
  • Katrina
    Dedicated February 2025 West Midlands
    Katrina ·
    • Hide content
    Definitely see Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty, Time Square, Central Park. Definitely a must!
  • S
    Rockstar July 2024 Cumbria
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    You are going to love it!! Marriott Marquis with a Times Square view! King room! The rooms are HUGE!!! I know you aren’t in your room all the time but there is a living room space and you can sit and watch down at good morning America! I recommend doing Empire State Building or something at a height one on the day/sun set and one on the evening! Eating places your small American places over chain restaurants! But carmines we enjoyed! And a place called Virgil’s bbq on Times Square was delicious! Joes pizza is amazing too! That’s obviously a big one. tick off the 9/11 museum. Go see a show. I would recommend watching here be barr on YouTube! He tells you the Dos and Donts! Do your research aswell as it’s all part of the fun! But you have to do Central Park! We done Central Park, a show, rockerfeller, Empire State Building, 9/11 museum, Brooklyn bridge some shopping and Ofcourse we done Macys day parade as the time of year we were there, ate at lots of delicious places all in 5 days. We had the 5 full days as our flight times were amazing all with time to chill in between aswell. We didn’t feel like we had to be at the next thing constantly. Enjoy it as it’s really amazing!
  • Katrina
    Katrina ·
    • Hide content
    How could I forget 911 where the twin towers were I felt so emotional and surreal while I was there. So emotional 😢. Good to pay your respects.
  • S
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I did too. It is so beautifully put together aswell and emotional. I like how you are not aloud your phone at certain parts. Makes you really take it in.
  • Katrina
    Katrina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    There is a deep sense of peace there!
  • E
    Emilybride2Be ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for the suggestions! Super helpful😊 We've booked and cannot wait!!!!
  • S
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    FANTASTIC! If you haven’t booked a transfer we got a taxi within 5 minutes and I THINK it was $80 dollars from JFK to Times Square but there’s places online that can tell you the going rate! If I think of anything else I’ll be sure to pop it on!
  • E
    Emilybride2Be ·
    • Hide content
    Thanks SO much! We haven't book transfers but that's a handy tip as we thought it'd be pretty straightforward but after a quick Google, realised there's so mant options! Think a taxi sounds the best option😊
  • C
    Beginner June 2026 South Yorkshire
    Courtney ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I have just been and we did a helicopter ride over New York, it was really expensive but would be a good wedding present for people to put money towards? Definitely recommend it was one of the best things ive ever done! P.S do it at night time if you're going to do it Smiley smile

• A
    Beginner June 2025 Lancashire
    Allib ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

If you are still short of idea's i have a few recommendations. I have been three times now and always find different things i haven't done. I would highly recommend the following:

1) One World Observatory

or if you are thrill seekers

2) City Climb at Edge. That involves scaling the outside of a skyscraper then leaning out and looking down over NYC. It's scary but equally amazing. If you don't fancy that though Edge has a viewing platform which you can walk out on to and the views are stunning.

3) Ellen's Stardust Diner which has singing servers with amazing voices.

If you just type the above into Google you will get all the info you need. Have an amazing time Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics