Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Z
Beginner April 2015

New York Theme

Zuzickles, 1 of May of 2012 at 13:55 Posted on Planning 0 17

Hi Ladies,

Any of you doing New York theme? Any inspiration you could share?

I am trying to do ours as we got engaged on Brooklyn Bridge (wish i was back there!!!), although my colour scheme is cadburys purple (so not very NYC)

So far we have the first dance probably to Empire State of Mind by Alicia Keys, we are also naming the tables after NY landmarks that we visited, and we are incorporating Apples ei NY being the big apple..

Any ideas you would like to share? pls pls pls Smiley smile

17 replies

Latest activity by Fran @ Hitched, 24 of July of 2012 at 18:30
  • Z
    Beginner April 2015
    Zuzickles ·
    • Hide content

Hi atmbride

I'm so glad there are others thinking NYC!! Smiley smile

With the table names I'm thinking a picture of the landmark on the stand on table but no name - and on the table plan to have landmark name but no picture - little 'game' for people to play Smiley smile lets see who knows the basics landmarks - I'm only having eight tables so shouldnt be too much mix ups going on Smiley smile

Your favours sound fab - I love chocolate Smiley smile We keep playing with the idea of giving everyone an apple - not sure how that would go down though Smiley smile

xxx

PS: How do you get the banner on bottom of your post that says how long till your wedding? Smiley smile

• Mrs*W*2B
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrs*W*2B ·
    • Hide content

Name places!!

Favours Smiley smile

x

• Z
    Beginner April 2015
    Zuzickles ·
    • Hide content

Mrs*W*2B!

I LOVE THOSE FAVOURS!!

xxx

• Kriek
    Beginner December 2012
    Kriek ·
    • Hide content

New York style cheesecake!!!!

We got engaged in NYC as well, we aren't having a NY theme but we thought about hiring these for our cars

• Z
    Beginner April 2015
    Zuzickles ·
    • Hide content

Wow Kriek! These NYPD cars are really lush - where can you hire one of those from?

xxx

• Kriek
    Beginner December 2012
    Kriek ·
    • Hide content

I know they are amazing! The ones in those pictures are from a company in Glasgow but there must be other places all over the country that hire them if you google it.

• Z
    Beginner April 2015
    Zuzickles ·
    • Hide content

Yeah - just enquired about one of thoese - would be a fabulous surprise for H2B and best man to get picked up in one of those Smiley smile

• E
    Beginner June 2013
    Emotionalwreck2013 ·
    • Hide content

Finally someone else I can discuss NY themed weddings about. I have posted a few things on here before searching for ideas and tips.

We got engaged in central park last June - therefore we want to bring that into our wedding day. We arent going over the top but just the odd thing here and there.

So far we are having manhattan cocktails as arrival drinks

Martini glass vases for centre pieces

Table names and plan are new york themed

I love NY cookies for favours

AND american cheesecake for dessert

We will also have new york music throughout the evening too!

Our wedding cake is also new york themed - i will flash some things!!

• Katie V
    Katie V ·
    • Hide content

Ok I know it's London. But you could do a NY skyline like Pretty Wild has here. She could definitely work her magic.

• M
    Beginner
    MAG2FMC ·
    • Hide content

Right, we're not having a NYC theme, but as someone who lived in NYC for a long time, here are my suggestions:

- Have a cheesecake as a your wedding cake

- Serve pastrami or corned beef sandwiches or red sauce italian dishes (lasagna is something that people often don't think about serving but actually holds up really well)

- Name things after famous NYC streets (Park Avenue, Lexington, Madison, Houston, Bowery . . . .)

- Have a pianist do not just NYC songs (Empire State of Mind) but famous NYC singers, like Billy Joel

- Serve "Manhattans" as your drink of choice

- Have invitations printed using the NYC skyline

• Z
    Beginner April 2015
    Zuzickles ·
    • Hide content

Hi Ladies

All your replys are fabulous - keep them coming!

Just to add a bit more into the mix, I am originally from Czech republic and want to incorporate some bits of the czech culture / traditions into the wedding also.. Dont suppose any of you have ever been to Czech republic and think that something is trully unique - I know it souds really bad if I cant think of something myself but it all is just normal to me..

I was if serving canopies (which I am not sure about yet) those could be miniatures of some of czech foods or even the evening buffet could be - my main wedding breakfast is definately english-ish - I cannot live without it!

New york cheesecake sounds fab - well in with the there and pianist? Such a fantastic idea especially with playing NYC singers not just a few NYC themed songs - well thought MAG2FMC!

Thank you very muchly ladies - keep on posting!!!

xxxx

• Z
    Beginner April 2015
    Zuzickles ·
    • Hide content

Hi Ladies,

Just thinking what to do about the favours, seen some cute things like sweeties in a seethrough bag etc.. just not sure what sweeties are 'typical' for nyc? Any suggestions?

I thought jelly beans, but it just says america, not new york.. any ideas my lovely co-planners?

xxx

• L
    Beginner November 2013
    lollie14lollie ·
    • Hide content

I was also engaged in NYC, and incorporating NYC into our wedding, we are also having a pre wedding trip back to NYC in February so hoping I maybe able to get some bits and bobs when there !!

My favours and names cards wil be rolled into one, they.ll be personalised glasses with the guest name on inside the glasses I am gunna put Hershey kisses or reece peanut butter cups or peanut butter m&m's.

I would like to surprise my oh with nypd car but not 100% if he will appreciate it as much as I would.

My bm's are going to be in grey ... So I have 4 of my very own grey ladies lol !

My table plan and table names will be landmarks around new York.

I have seen a post box which resembles a Tiffany jewellery box but wouldnt particularly go with my colour scheme so may look at empire state building style. And I want a personalised cake topper of me and my oh in yellow cab .... Can't think anything else.

Everyone has great ideas .. ?

• L
    Beginner November 2013
    lollie14lollie ·
    • Hide content

I was also engaged in NYC, and incorporating NYC into our wedding, we are also having a pre wedding trip back to NYC in February so hoping I maybe able to get some bits and bobs when there !!

My favours and names cards wil be rolled into one, they.ll be personalised glasses with the guest name on inside the glasses I am gunna put Hershey kisses or reece peanut butter cups or peanut butter m&m's.

I would like to surprise my oh with nypd car but not 100% if he will appreciate it as much as I would.

My bm's are going to be in grey ... So I have 4 of my very own grey ladies lol !

My table plan and table names will be landmarks around new York.

I have seen a post box which resembles a Tiffany jewellery box but wouldnt particularly go with my colour scheme so may look at empire state building style. And I want a personalised cake topper of me and my oh in yellow cab .... Can't think anything else.

Everyone has great ideas .. ?

• Fran @ Hitched
    Beginner April 2012
    Fran @ Hitched ·
    • Hide content

We recently featured a 'New York' themed real wedding on hitched.

Click here to see Hannah and Bryan's real wedding.

You can also find some of their New York themed images in our inspiration galleries. Here is a picture representing New York themed table names.

Fran x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics