Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

emabee
Beginner August 2014

New York Wedding (can I arrange it myself?)

emabee, 10 May, 2013 at 11:49 Posted on Planning 0 2

I am looking at cutting all the hassle and cost and booking 4 nights in New York and getting married on the cheap while we're there. Has anyone done this and arranged it themselves? I've looked on the town hall website and it looks pretty easy and only costs $25!! You can't get an appointment to get married though so I'm assuming you have to just turn up and wait? Can anyone tell me their experience of this?

Also, we might have up to 10 guests, can I take them all along to the town hall with me?

Grateful for any ideas of places where we can celebrate afterwards too!

Thanks

Emma xx

2 replies

Latest activity by RebeccaC, 17 May, 2013 at 12:57
  • skinnyboyweddings
    skinnyboyweddings ·
    • Hide content

Hi Emma

That sounds wonderful to me, I so love New York!

One of our Videographers lived in NY for 8 years, she has family there too and I'm sure she'll be able to offer some advice. If you'd like to send me an email to ****@*****************.*** I can have a chat with her and pass on your details.

Kate x

• RebeccaC
    RebeccaC ·
    • Hide content

I would love to renew my vows in Central Park, we considered getting married in New York 9 years ago and then chickened out, we were not sure if our family would be able to make it!!! . I'm sure one of the 'Don't Tell The Bride' episodes had a Alice in Wonderland theme wedding set in New York. If you googled it - you may find some tips on there.

New York is such an amazing place. Good luck!

Rebecca

www.simplysilverbyrebecca.com

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics