Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

G
Beginner July 2012

Newbie - Opinions on dresses

GemmieH, 5 August, 2011 at 20:56 Posted on Planning 0 11

Hi everyone,

I am a newbie to the forum.

I have been engaged since 01.01.2010 and now the OH and I have decided that next year will be the year to get married - we are hoping to get a last minute deal so need to have most other things in place before December, mainly the dress as it takes soo long to get one ordered.

I have started trying on dresses in the past two weeks and have been to three shops and probably tried on about 20 dresses. I have not had that moment yet where you know it is the one but I think there are two that I am happy with.

Just wanted to get your opinions on the two dresses;

Benjamin Roberts - 2058

Justin Alexander - 8483.

Sorry but not too sure how to upload pictures yet.

11 replies

Latest activity by LeahManc, 15 August, 2011 at 10:15
  • Soulmates
    Beginner August 2012
    Soulmates ·
    • Hide content

Benjamin Roberts

Justin Alexander

• Sparkly Bride
    Beginner August 2012
    Sparkly Bride ·
    • Hide content

Iv just hadf a look and they are both beautiful its hard to choose. I think the benjamin roberts has just got the edge though the bodice is lovely. Best of luck with your planning xxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Soulmates
    Beginner August 2012
    Soulmates ·
    • Hide content

Hi! thought I'd put the pics on for you, I love them both! There are a few girls on here who are having the Justin Alexander one in the tea length.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

Congrats and welcome to Hitched.

To "flash" a pic you just need to save it onto your PC and then if you click on the icon above that looks a bit like a film strip you can upload it that way.

• Toastcat
    Beginner April 2012
    Toastcat ·
    • Hide content

Do you have any pictures of you in them? Sometimes that can make all the difference when choosing between two dresses. For what it's worth, I prefer the BJ one, as I like the contrasting lace and (what looks like) tulle pattern in the skirt...

• ScillyB2B
    Beginner June 2012
    ScillyB2B ·
    • Hide content

You definately need to know what you like like in them and they are both really lovely, but I have to say just on the model pitures I prefer the benjanmin roberts one- its stunning.

• G
    Beginner July 2012
    GemmieH ·
    • Hide content

Thanks guys, you are stars for finding the pics for me and giving me your opinions.

I have tried both on and liked both. I think of the two the Benjamin Roberts is more me as it has a bit of a vintage edge.

I only have a picture of me in the Benjamin Roberts one without the belt. The shop wouldn't let me take a picture of the Justin Alexander one. Hope this picture does not come out too big!

• thor1
    Beginner August 2011
    thor1 ·
    • Hide content

Oooh that Benjamin Roberts looks sooo beautiful on you-it's so pretty!

• G
    Beginner July 2012
    GemmieH ·
    • Hide content

Thank you.

I am debating about the belt though. I really do love a belt on normal dresses and my colour theme is black and white so I am considering customising the belt a bit with black feathers or something similar to tie in with the theme.

• L
    Beginner July 2012
    LeahManc ·
    • Hide content

The Benjamin Roberts is my chosen dress!!! Tried it on last Friday and fell in love, its amazing!

You look stunning xxx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics